part 12

Akansh was dumbfounded and completely blank at her question. He had no answer, and if he had, he didn't had the words to express it.

He had avoided the topic for quite some months and was now afraid to even think about it. He was afraid to rethink about those days, and terrified if it started haunting him again. So he avoided the topic at all the costs.

"These.. These clothes are my niece's. " He smiled nervously, taking Prince back in his arms. "Wake up, little Prince, don't sleep with empty stomach. " He sat on the dining chair and started stroking the baby's head.

The baby purred in sleep, and Akansh looked at Neetika who was still standing in her place, trying to figure out something.

"Neetika, come. He may cry if you are not there with him. " Akansh called out and Neetika rolled her eyes, going near them.

"He forgets me when he is with you or anyone. " She muttered under her breath and Akansh refrained from chuckling, pulling a chair beside him.

She hesitatingly sat beside him and a staff man bought some dishes on the table. Akansh opened the dishes and the tangy aroma of tomato soup and stuffed garlic bread instilled in their nostrils.

A soft moan was about to escape her mouth, but she covered it with fake coughs. From the corner of her eyes, she looked at Akansh to know if he was suspicious of her act. But she sighed when she found him busy in smooching Prince's cheeks.

Neetika stood up and went to the room he gave her for the night and opened her bag. She took out the baby's cereals and a full bottle of warm milk, and bought it to the dining table.

"I, actually, had to prepare Prince's food. Mind if I use your kitchen? " She asked with a lot of hesitation and when Akansh didn't answer her for a minute, she started again.

"Prince cried a lot today, he needs energy. Look at him, he is looking so dull. Please let me use the kitchen, I promise I will not dirty it. " She spoke again, and this time Akansh looked at her with a wide tight lipped smile.

"Have a look on the table, Neetika, before making any assumptions. "

It was now Neetika noticed that a baby bottle filled with milk, was kept on the table and a bowl set was also present with warm water on the side.

She bit on her tongue and passed an embarrassing smile before sitting on her seat. She took out the cereals and started making it.

Once she was done, She sat on her place and looked at Akansh, silently motioning him to hand over Prince to her, so that she can feed him.

"You have your dinner, I'll feed my Prince, today. " Akansh grinned and turned to pick up the food, but Neetika frowned, pulling the bowl to her side.

Akansh looked at him and gave her a smirk, before taking the baby bottle but Neetika frowned more. She snatched the bottle from his hands and looked at him. Her lips formed an involuntary pout and Akansh rolled his eyes, at her childish behavior.

"Give him to me, I, his mother will feed him. " She didn't wait for his response and took Prince from his lap.

She gave him a sharp look, noticing that he had no reply to her. She had an unknown satisfaction that she managed to intimidate a big personality and took her son back from him.

"My baby loves his mumma, right? " She nuzzled her face to his stomach and the baby laughed, cupping her cheeks.

Akansh looked at the mother-son duo and for a second his heart pained. Neetika looked at her surroundings and her eyes met his painful eyes. Her smile vanishing from her lips and Akansh smiled at her before looking at the other side to stop ogling at them.