Accelerated Love

ACCELERATED LOVE

ACCELERATED LOVE

Centross scowled at the racer in the yellow car, the dark-haired man behind the wheel not sparing him a glance; except for a smirk that grew on his lips

Centross scowled at the racer in the yellow car, the dark-haired man behind the wheel not sparing him a glance; except for a smirk that grew on his lips. The brunette rolled his eyes, a disdain for the other racer plaguing his tongue– if given the chance, he'd probably let his opinion be known. Lupus, as the other racer called himself, was only fairly new to the scene; yet, he had managed to get on every single one of Centross's nerves.

He used the races as a way out. A way out of their shitty family and a way out of their shitty life. A way they could bond with their friends and a way for them to feel a rush of life... so he could feel like he was living.

Lupus was beginning to ruin that for him.

The other man caught Centross's gaze, a snarky smile on his lips. He glared back, making his thoughts known through expression as Lupus laughed into the back of his hand before revving his engine and driving their car before finally leaving the course. The man never did stay once a race was concluded. In an act of pettiness, the brunette man raised his hand and flipped off the blackette, unaware if Lupus had seen him or not.

They weren't even sure if it was a hatred for Lupus or a hatred for having an opposing competitor. They matched one another perfectly and he just hated it.

Centross was knocked from his thoughts when his passenger door swung open; a brunette climbed in next to him and sighed. They didn't even notice the expression on the driver's face before he had changed it to be entertained. "That hot out there, hey?" he asked, switching his ignition back on and allowing the brunette to fix the air-con.

"You have no idea," they complained. "I'm all for watching races but it's too hot... and it's not even 8 pm yet! I hate summer!"

"No, you just hate that you can't wear your jacket comfortably," he corrected, waving out to Rae as the man caught his attention. The other brunette did the same.

They scoffed, folding their arms over their chest— their yellow and purple leather jacket sitting unzipped over their plain grey shirt— and leaning back into the chair. Their mismatched eyes watched as the racer turned a corner as they headed towards the suburban part of Lodestar Grove.