Chapter 15

"She could be lying," Adeleine said, zooming in and out on the picture repeatedly.

"She's not."

I went through her Instagram. It was a legit account. I also scrolled through her pictures and found images of her and Miles together from a month ago. I even went as far as to text the Ellie girl back. She was definitely telling the truth. I could tell.

I shook my head in disbelief. I couldn't believe he'd cheat right under my nose like this. We may not have made anything official just yet, but I thought... I don't know what I thought.

"I'm sorry, Harps. I know you really liked him."

I did. A lot.

I fell back on my sister's bed and sighed. I should be angry. But I'm not. I'm honestly just disappointed. My track record with guys has always been the worst and I truly thought this time would be different.

"I don't think you should tell, Hays," Adeleine said from beside me.

I wasn't going to. He's going to feel like shit because him and Olive were the ones who set me up with him.

It's not their fault though. I had been crushing on him for months and thought he was a decent guy. Turns out, he's not shit just like the rest of them.

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"Fuck someone else."

Adeleine's eyes went wide. She'd never expected me to say something like that. I'm not usually the 'get revenge' type of girl. I've always dealt with heartbreak through my art, but I wasn't feeling very artsy at the moment.

I wanted to him to hurt and I wanted the hurt I was feeling to stop. I'm tired of guys being able to do whatever they want without any repercussions. While women are called sluts and whores for doing the same thing. Oh, but if we stay, then I deserved it because I knew what I was getting into.

"You are a fucking goddess," Adeleline said in admiration. "I hope to be like you when I grow up."

"Shut up," I said with a chuckle, shoving her lightly.

"Seriously though, I like that plan."

Of course she would. She's only ever been with one guy on and off her whole life. With the amount of times he's cheated and broken my sister's heart, I'm surprised she hasn't run him over with her car and buried him in a ravine.

I held out my pinkie. "Promise me you will keep this between us, Ade. Especially from Hays and Olive. I want to handle this my way."

She wrapped her pinkie around mine and nodded. "Promise."

****

It's been a few days since I found out Miles cheated on me. He's been blowing up my phone trying to figure why I haven't returned any of his texts or calls.

And I've ignored every single one.

I downed another shot of Tequila, pursing my lips in response to the burn that follows as it travels down my throat.

"Harper Isaacs," a husky, male voice says.

I look over at a handsome guy around my age. He tilts his head down at me, his smile charming. He looks familiar, but I can't figure out where I've seen him before.

"Yes?"

He holds out his hand. "I'm Kai."

His name sounds familiar too. I sit up straighter. He's cute. Really cute. He might be the perfect guy to carry out my little escapade with.

Kai's dark eyes rake over my body. It's clear he likes what he sees. I can tell just from that seductive look alone that he's not the relationship type. A fun time is all he's interested in.

Normally, I'd avoid guys like him. But considering the circumstances, he was perfect.

"You look like you know how to make a girl come," I observe, watching his brows raise in surprise.

His eyes zero in on my tongue as I pull the straw into my mouth. I cross one leg over the other, finding humor in his stunned expression.

I have a reputation of being a good girl.
So Kai's not the first guy to find out what version of me comes out with a little liquid courage.

I mean, who can blame him the way the world paints me? I bet the only thing he knows about me a part from who my father is is that I love school and will indulge in a fun party every now and again. Oh, and I'm also an Art and Horticulture buff.

Harper Isaacs doesn't flirt with guys and and play strip beer pong. And she definitely doesn't boldly suggest the idea of sex to a stranger.

"Looks can be deceiving, cariña(sweetheart)."

"Oh? So I'm wrong?"

He huffs a sexy, confident laugh and says, "Come back to my place and see for yourself."

So I do.

When we get to Kai's place, it's quiet. None of his roommates seem to be home.

I'm pushed into his room and lifted into his arms. He smells good. Like cologne. The expensive kind.

His lips find my neck. He leaves sweet kisses on my skin, drawing a moan from me.

The soft feel of a mattress hits my back as I'm carefully laid on my back. Kai straightens to pull off his shirt. He's muscular and covered in tattoos.

"What did your boyfriend do?" He asks suddenly.

"Excuse me?"

"You wouldn't be here if something didn't happen."

"He cheated," I confess.

"Ah." He gives me a single head nod. "I'm sorry to hear that."

I shrug. "Nothing a good fuck won't fix."

He chuckles. "I like you."

I smile. "Thanks."

Kai finishes getting undressed and we resume what we started. I have to say, not only was I right about him knowing how to make a girl come but I made the perfect choice.

I didn't need to tell him a single thing. He knew where to go, what to say, and what to do to have me reaching for the stars. More times than I can count.

I don't know when his roommates will be back, but I really hope these walls are thick.