Weak

Elias' eyes shot open and frantically he looked around the room. Suddenly he was up on his feet, ripping off all the monitors from his skin, leaving behind small trails of blood coming from where they had once been. Panic rose in his chest as he looked around for an exit before even stopping to think. His eyes landed on the closed white door, but the second he took a step toward it, his legs gave up and he went crashing onto the ground.

Elias looked up suddenly feeling just how exhausted his body truly was. His hands were shaking from simply pulling off some tubes, and his legs were refusing to work. His now broken nose was bleeding all over his face, blood running down his neck and into the hospital gown he was dressed in. 

desperately he looked around the room, quickly trying to assess the situation. He was in a hospital of some kind, but he had no idea what part of the world he was in. The room only had a hospital bed, a couch, a small table, and an insane amount of machines that Elias had been hooked to just a moment earlier.

Where was his brother? Elias remembered his brother looking down at him as he lay on the jet floor, gagging and turning blue. Had Steve dropped Elias off at a hospital somewhere and left? That would have been the smartest thing to do, but what would happen to Elias next? He would be thrown in prison where Hydra could easily get him.

As his thoughts started to spiral out of control, Elias decided that he needed to hide. The moment he ripped those tubes out of his skin, an alarm must have gone off somewhere and now a bunch of people were headed into the room. He wasn't strong enough to run, so he needed to find a place to hide. Sadly, the only hiding spot was just behind the bed, the first place where someone would look. Still, Elias couldn't move any further before he fell again.

The door opened up and Elias held his breath, trying to figure out what to do. He had a monitor in his lap, ready to use the last of his strength to hurl it at the person walking in. He knew he would then have to jump out through the window but surely he would make it, it wasn't like he was able to just die.

Hurried steps ran into the room and the door slammed against the wall. Elias held on tight to the monitor as he prepared his weakened body for a fight.

"What..?" someone asked. Elias recognized the voice but in his groggy state, couldn't connect it to a name or a face.

"Elias!" Steve yelled. Immediately, Elias loosened his grip on the monitor but he felt his body shaking even more as tears threatened to spill from his eyes. He was too exhausted to hold back his relief when he heard his brother's voice. 

Elias had thought his brother had left him there. That's what he would have probably done. But Steve was there, by the door. If only Elias had enough strength to get up.

In a flash, Steve had run further into the room and Elias could see just how distraught his brother was. Steve's eyes were bloodshot and wide as he hastily looked around the room before landing on Elias, sitting in the corner with a heart monitor in his lap and tears in his eyes.

Steve had been eating with Sam, Bucky, and Wanda when a doctor ran in, already exhausted. Immediately, Steve felt his heart skip a beat and he shot up from his chair. The doctor didn't even have to say a word before Steve was already running with everyone soon behind him. 

All he could think about was the doctor's face. She hadn't been happy. If Elias had woken up she would have been happy. If he hadn't woken up then there was just one other thing they would come tell him so quickly. Steve tried his best to not cry again but it was hard when his brother was dying.

The doctor, Sam, and Wanda quickly fell behind as Steve and Bucky continued running as fast as they could toward the room on the other side of the wing.