where were you?

BLAQUE -

I practically ran out of the restroom, leaving Heath behind. Our kiss was intoxicating, and I was drunk in his scent. He was all man, with a great body and a big dick. I could feel his big, hard length on my stomach while he was kissing me. If not for that phone call, it would have gotten out of control.

When I reached out, Bree was scrolling through his phone. As I sat next to him, he closed his phone and looked at me confusingly.

"What?" I asked when he didn't say anything.

He eyed me and said, "What took you so long? I thought you might have left already. What were you doing in there?"

"Something that a normal person does in the restroom, Bree; there was a long line in there." I lied.

"Are you sure?" he frowned.

"What's there to not be sure about?"

"I mean your hair and your lipstick, which has smeared around your lips a little, and also, you're the worst liar," he said.

Shit! I'm literally the worst liar. I forgot to fix my hair and makeup before leaving the restroom. I closed my eyes and sighed at the fact that anyone could look and tell that I had been making out just a few moments ago.

"I didn't want to tell you this, but there was no line in there." I opened my eyes.

"See, I knew you were lying," he exclaimed.

"Yes, I was in there with someone," I admitted.

His eyes widened. "You were in the restroom with someone!"

I nodded.

"Were you by any chance making out with someone in the restroom?" he asked hesitantly.

I nodded again.

"Blaque!!" he was horrified.

"What?" I asked.

"You were making out with a random person in the bar restroom that your husband owns," he snarled.

"Who said I was with a random person? And how do you know that Heath owns this bar?" I asked.

"Blaque, who doesn't know that this is his property, his main club?" He said it was an obvious thing.

"I didn't—I mean, until a few minutes ago," I said.

"Stop changing the topic," he said.

"I am not Chan-

"Wait, you said you weren't with a random person. Who were you with?" 

"Heath," I confessed.

"You were making out with your husband in the restroom while I was waiting here for you." He sounded disappointed as if he was angry that I was with Heath.

"Yes," I said guiltily, but I didn't do anything wrong. What's wrong with kissing my own husband, except that this marriage is just on paper?

"Blaque, we just talked about how it is not a smart decision to sleep with your husband when your marriage is not permanent," he mentioned.

"I know, but it was a quick, irrational decision taken while I was drunk, and he was closer than ever," I said.

"Isn't he close to you in your bedroom?" he said.

"No," I said. I haven't mentioned to him that we don't sleep together.

"What do you mean no?" he asked because none of this conversation made sense to him.

"We don't sleep together!" I said it frustratedly. I don't know why I was irritated that I don't sleep with Heath, and the fact that I am telling this to someone else makes me feel guilty, as if it was a secret that was supposed to be just between me and my husband.

My husband?

"Woah! That's a piece of news," he said.

"I know, but can we go somewhere else? I don't want to stay here and discuss this anymore," I said, finishing my drink in one go.

"Sure," he said while gesturing towards the exit.

***

Bree is the biggest gossiper, and talking with him makes time fall short. We were at another bar that my father owns. When I glanced at the clock on my phone, it was almost close to midnight, and there were a few missed calls from an unknown number on my phone that were sent directly to voicemail as my phone was in do-not-disturb mode. I don't know who called this late; it could be a work call, but I will call back tomorrow morning as I am not sober enough to take a work call this late.

I was so drunk that Bree insisted on dropping me home, but I refused and took a cab instead. It took everything in me to not think about Heath, but the evening restroom kiss and his warm lips on mine clouded my mind. It was just after 12 when the cab reached the house. I paid the driver and took the elevator to the top floor. I didn't know what to expect when I got up there. I don't even know if Heath has reached before me or not. But my heart is racing, and I am coming out of my drunkenness' into sobriety.

As the doors slid open, I stepped into the house. It was all quiet, and there was no light in the house, which means that he had still not reached here. I sighed and started making my way towards my room when suddenly

"Where were you?" His voice came from the couch on the left side of the elevators. I turned, and the moonlight from the windows was enough for me to see his silhouette. He was sitting on the couch with both hands joined together in a fist on his knees. He hadn't changed, as he was still in his shirt and pants.

"Why are you sitting in the dark?" I asked.

"Don't make me ask again, little one." He looked up, and I swear he could look into my eyes even in the dark, and the thought of him seeing me without lights in the dark made me shiver.

"Why should I answer you?" I retorted.

"Because I am your fucking husband," he said gravely.

"Just on paper."

"I am giving you 5 seconds to answer, and if you don't, then you'll be responsible for what happens next," he said as he uncrossed his hands and got up from the couch.

I really wanted to find out what would happen if I didn't answer, but then I remember when he gave me five seconds to comply and sit in his car, and when I didn't, he threw me over his shoulders to prove a point.

"5" He began counting and started to move towards me.

"4" He was getting close, and I started backing away.

"3" My back hit the wall, and his hands automatically came above my head on the wall.

"2, now you have nowhere to go, little one."

"FINE!" I shrieked.

"Fine, what?"

"I was with Bree," I confessed as if it were a crime.

"Where were you with him this late?" he said, and one of his hands came around the back of my neck. His eyes were green and dark, filled with rage. I could see that he didn't like me hanging out with Bree.

"At the bar," I blurted. I know he thinks that I'm lying because I didn't say which bar I was at.

***

2k views guys!!! I am so thankful for each and every one who took their time to read my book and to God for being with me and showing me his grace. This is my first book, and I don't know if it's up to the expectation or not, but I will try my best to keep you guys hooked up.

Xoxo,
Vaidehi