chapter 8

A/n:
I'm not dead!! sorry for not posting. I haven't had ideas for a while. A special thanks to Mpena44 for the idea of this next chapter or two. I'll try to get a post out a bit more often but school is starting back up so yayyy more stress. And happy new year! Anyway, let's get started.

Y/n pov

After we finish eating I head back to my room. A few minutes later I hear zooble yelling and Jax cackling like a witch that just turned someone into a frog. I peak out of my room to see fake spiders all over zooble, it was a little funny honestly. I let out a quiet giggle and duck back into my room. Jax seems to have a lot of fun pranking people, maybe I'll try it sometime. It clearly keeps him sane, so it probably would for me too.

I would have to do a ton of planning though, and I'm tired. Who would I even prank? Zooble is probably going to find it right away, pomni doesn't need to lose anymore sanity than she already has, the only way I have in mind that I could prank kinger is mean, gangle deals with enough things, ragatha is already doing her best to keep others sane, bubble will just pop, and if I try to prank Jax he'll take it as a challenge and start a prank war. Which leaves Caine. He doesn't really do much to help, he's always doing his own thing, and it seems more when we actually need him than anything, and those adventures do nothing but cause chaos.

I can think about it more tonight, for now I need to practice with the cloths and hoops for a while until it's time for everyone else to go to sleep. Then I'll play my music and get them to bed, then I can lay down and think like I do every night instead of sleep. I start practicing with the hoops again for an hour or two. Then I hear Jax's door open and I drop down from the ceiling, going over to my guitar.

Jax POV

I go into my room after I finally manage to stop laughing. That was an amazing prank, it's a shame the rest of them weren't able to see it. I leave my door open, like usual, and wait for Y/n to start playing one of her instruments for the night. I sit on my bed and look at the wall while I wait.

Y/n POV

I

just realized that all the instruments look hydro dipped. The flute is sky blue with pink dots, the guitar is f/c and black marbled, and the piano is white and blue. I sit down and start tuning the guitar, because tonight my idea needs the guitar to be a bit lighter sounding.

After a few minutes I have it tuned and ready to play. As I'm about to start playing I hear something outside the room. I set my guitar down on my bed and go to see what it was. I peak my head out my door and see Caine looking slightly confused. Oh well, it isn't super important right now. I go back into my room and pick up my guitar

I start playing it for a minute before I sing. "We were playing in the sand, and you found a little band" I sing, playing the guitar as I go "You told me you fell in love with it, hadn't gone as I planned"

Jax POV

"You told me you fell in love with it, hadn't gone as I planned" y/n sings. I'm sitting against my wall again with zooble, ragatha, and pomni. I keep listening, her voice is so soothing and she knows how to play those instruments, it's surprising. She might have been a musician in the human world. "When you have to bid adieu~ said you'd never love anew~" she started to hum along with the guitar "you told me to buy a pony but, all I wanted was you~" then she continued to hum. Next thing I know, I'm sleeping.

Y/n POV

After I finish the song I put my guitar away and open my door, jax's door is open. Like I thought it would be. I peak my head in and four of my friends are laying there sleeping. I pick up ragatha first and take her to her room, then I took pomni to her room and layed her in her bed like I did with ragatha, then I grabbed a spare blanket from my bed and put zooble on so they didn't fall apart and I took them to bed. Then I returned to jax's room and put him into bed. Then I closed his door and  went to my room

I flop down on my bed, to fail at sleep again. Insomnia is great isn't it. Then the prank on Caine comes back. How would I prank him? What would an AI being be scared of? Maybe I don't have to scare him. Maybe... Just maybe I can.. No, it wouldn't work. But it won't hurt to try. I sit up and go over to the computer sitting on my desk and get to work. First thing I have to do is hack through the censor system so that when I snap it allows me to cuss. Then I need to figure out a way to make him disable child filter so everyone can cuss. Zooble will probably have the time of their life.

After a bit more research I decide to go back to bed and try to sleep. My thoughts race a bit longer before I finally manage to fall asleep. In the morning I go out to the pond to finish planning my prank. Around ten minutes later I hear footsteps approaching and look up to see pomni walking over. "Hey pomni, what's up?" I ask. She's fidgeting with her hands again. "Heyyy uhh, Jax and zooble are arguing again. We kind of need your help to get them to stop"  just great. I stand up and she leads me back to the tent where zooble is yelling at Jax and looks like they are about to throw hands. I go over and pull Jax away right as zooble tries to punch him.

"Jax would you leave them alone?" I ask him, trying to get him to stop only terrorizing zooble. "Fineee I'll leave them alone for the day" he says. Caine appears. "Who's ready for a new adventure!" He exclaims. Time for the prank to take action.

A/n
Sorry I haven't been posting, I've been busy with chores and other things. But here is one chapter, and the prank will be happening in the next one

Word count: 1149