Chapter 5

Rainwatcher led his friends to his Father's post near the Nightwing village. Fortunately, he found Firefly next to him, talking and laughing together. Rainwatcher looked upwards and found some un-invisible super secret Rainwing guards.  

"Hey Rainy" Deathbringer said "What brings you here upon Princess Firelfy and King Deathbringer's appearance with your mere friends?"

Firefly whacked him with her wing "Stop doing that. Hey guys, what's up?"

"We need your help" Winter snarled "And quickly"

'Somebody's angry' Firefly thought, rolling her eyes "Wynter, sure. What do you need me so desperately to stop all your problems because you obviously need me in every single moment of your life because you all love me so much"

"Oh." Qibli said "Now I see the resemblance between you and your father."

"Do you recognise this place?" Moon asked "Didn't you just go on an assassination trip to the sky kingdom?"

Firefly looked at the image, studying each detail of the trees and the waterfall and the weird rocks and lines. "Hmm, no. I haven't been to that part." Firefly said with a flick off her tail and a Nightwing Rainwatcher had never seen popped up "Swiftclaws, have you seen this?" He shook his head.

"I know who will know though" Father added "The talons of peace! If you find them, they have some SkyWings who will know where that is."

"No problem, we'll go do that. Find a group of mysterious dragons who'd manage to survive a twenty year war without being caught once. No problem" Qibli said 

"I remember Riptide telling me where they go" Firefly's scales turned a pale green with some yellow as a catipiller crawled across her talon "I know where they are now. If we leave tonight, we'll get there before they move."

"No you won't" Mother appeared from behind father, twining her tail around his "I don't mind what Qibli and prince Winter do, but I have three of my favourite subjects and Firefly that I don't want to go on a dangerous trip around Pyrrhia."

"Moon! Rainy! Did you hear that? FAVOURITE subjects?" Kinkijou yelled 

"Yes I DID." Firefly glared at mother in a over-exaggerated way "EXCUSE ME!!"

Glory chuckled, then put on a stern look "The part you were supposed to hear was 'Dangerous'"

Firefly looked the slightest bit mad "Excuse me, again, but I've been on five assassination trips, and killed about twenty dragons who tried to kill me. I doubt this trip will be that bad"

"Come on, Glory!" Deathbringer said  "You heard Firefly! They have magical death spit, Rainy can read minds, they have fire, frost-breath, deadly tails and Pyrrhia's SECOND best assassin."

Firefly snorted and Mother gave Father an even more stern glare, but sighed. "Okay, on one condition, you take your guards and a body guard. Swiftclaws can come."

Firefly growled "I DON'T NEED A-"

"Thank you, your majesty" Moon interrupted with a bow "We're grateful that you are letting us go."

Firefly growled again and flew up into the sky "Well, are you coming or not?" 

THE TALONS OF PEACE CAMP

Rainwatcher, Winter, Kinkijou, Moon and Qibli were resting on a cliff ledge, while Firefly was circling above the scavenger den below them, signalling for the talons. Swiftclaws stood at the top of the cliff. Rainwatcher wasn't sure what it was, but he didn't like him. He just didn't feel... right.