Evening, Y/N

Every evening, 8pm, Officer Shelly comes in. She orders an oat milk latte and your apple pie. You always wait till she's there before you start to prepare her order, just so you can make polite conversation between tasks. You watch her leave, and continue with the last half an hour of your shift. You get the weekend off, and you don't tend to think of her. Sometimes you see her, but you never exchange more than a polite smile. You don't even really know her name. You just want to be in her presence, and when she's there its like she drizzles honey over you. It's a sweet feeling, it makes you grin and giggle, and it sticks.

But you don't really think of her. Or that was until today. She came early. Obviously she tends to come within about a ten minute range of 8pm, not on the dot. But this time she rocked into your shop at 7.30pm. She seemed a little tense, which was very abnormal, she usually swaggered in like she owned the place. She had a folded up piece of paper in her hand. “Hey, you're early today!” you said enthusiastically, with your customer service voice. “Um, yeah, i did. I was just thinking. I never told you my name. You've been serving me for a year and i never told you my real name.” She laughed breathily and awkwardly, leaning forward on the counter by the support of her wrists, her hands poised uncomfortably, one holding the paper. She pinched her lips together.

Her whole vibe was some strange mix of trying to act normal but cool, and actually being very awkward. She opened her mouth a couple times to speak but just sighed, looked hopelessly at the counter and then forced a sheepish smile looking back to you. “My name is Vanessa. I thought we might just be able to meet, and talk?” She suggested, opening the paper and putting it infront of me. It was clearly her phone number. She seemed to have relaxed, or gotten a better hold of herself now. “Yeah, that sounds great. Uh...I will text you. Do you want the usual?” you really didn't know how to handle it, it felt like you were supposed to have a bigger reaction, or at least a longer lasting one. But you freaked inside and resorted back to your primal hospitality instincts.

Vanessa straightened her posture, mentally collecting herself too. “Yes please Y/N” She hummed. You really didn't want to have gotten the wrong end of the stick either, i mean what if she just meant as friends. You couldn't help but notice the way she gently bit her lip in her patience, watching me make her order up. Maybe you were being over-aware. But you definitely didn't mind it. You handed her order over, and her hand gently caressed yours, for just a second longer than usual, and then she just left. Wordlessly.

But it's no big deal, I mean not to flatter yourself but it's not the first time someone has checked you out. You shook it off and proceeded with your shift. You got home, you sunk into the supple leather of your couch, feeling your whole body slowly relax. For a second you just sat there, eyes closed but awake. Then she popped into your head again. You pulled your phone out, and the crumpled up piece of paper, and as you went to enter her number, realised that the numbers were unintelligible. “Ohhh, shit.” you groaned.

You sat in irritation for a while, before you though to check social media. You knew her full name now, so it was worth a shot. You found several accounts, but most of them had profile pictures that were definitely not right. Apart from one, which was just V.Shells100 with a picture of a Nebraska poster as the profile picture. It was a shot in the dark, and it was a private account. You sent a follow request, if it was her, she would be able to tell, it was obvious who you were from your account. You ended up falling asleep watching some mediocre game show, after eating some plain crackers and half of a yogurt. You were too tired for nutrition.

You woke up at about midnight, still exhausted. And in your half asleep treck to your bed, you remembered Vanessa. You weren't going to see her till Monday now. You remembered to check your phone. [V.Shells100 accepted your follow request] you were surprised. You messaged her, confirming that it was her. You were so relieved to find that it was. You told her about the paper, and you spoke for a while, just about how you were, and she said you should meet. Until she finished her food, then she had to go back on patrol.

Then you thought about her till you fell asleep again.
But its not a big deal.

To be continued:)))