Modern Cinderella

Hey guys, this is my first story and I'm really hoping you'll like it. =)

- XyouXmeX

Chapter 1

''I'm sorry, Emily but this company is just facing problems and if you keep getting late for work, I'm afraid I have to fire you.'' those words cut me deep. I could hear the rain outside. The every tap sounds it made. 

''But...but...sir, I'm late because I need to take care of my siblings and I need work and please, one last chance?'' I was almost on the edge to begging. 

''Sorry, Emily. But you just have to find another job. My workers have to be on time if they want to work for me.'' I slammed the door as I left my ex-boss's office and went out of the building. I was seventeen and I seriously needed to find another job soon. 

I had a ten-year-old brother and a sister who was younger than me one year to feed. My dad left my mom when I was seven and just last month my mom died in a lung cancer. I could still remember when she was gasping for air but because of the tumors in her lungs, she wasn't able to live.

But then a lady came and adopted three of us. She had two daughters. Hazel and Gretchen. Both were spoiled brats but they were pretty. They treated us like garbage but still fed us because Lady Cyan(what we call her), promised my mother she would take good care of us. 

''Hey Emily. It's okay, I'm sure you'll find some job. You're seventeen and you're smart. You can find any job.'' my friend Gar said to me. I smiled and went to my car to take off the stupid uniform and change into my regular clothes. Dresses.

It was time to go home, face Lady Cyan, and cry in my room. Luckily she wasn't at home so I could run to my room and lock the door behind me as I collasped on the bed crying. But...my sister was home. 

''Emily, it's alright. Come on. You're smart. I bet you can find a job anytime.'' my sister Joan said and smiled as she sat up straight on her bed. 

''Joan, you don't know how that means to me. Speaking of which, where is Ronald?'' I asked Joan. Ronald was supposed to be in his room fast asleep but when I passed his room, it was empty. 

''Ronald is in the play room.'' she said and her attention quickly got back to the book she was reading earlier before I made my dramatic entrance. 

Suddenly, a ring came from my phone. It was from my beloved Aunty Alice. ''Hello?'' I answered the phone trying to get rid of the crying tone. 

''Emily, honey. I heard all about it. I'm so sorry.'' she said. 

''It's okay, Aunty. I'm okay.''

''That's where I come in. I have a job for you. How would you like to be the youngest teacher alive?'' I sat up straight. Aunty was a principal in a school at Sunway High. Which was like the most popular school in town.

''Really? Really, Aunty?'' 

''You're smart. Are you up for the job?'' 

I made a mental note to pray a thank you prayer to God and took the job.

''Good, you'll start tomorrow.''

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys do you think I should continue the story? =)