•crushing•

Emilys Pov:
I cant believe i just told Riley that i liked Michelle, i've only had a crush on her for a few weeks, what if Riley tells her they're best friends. I know she's my sister but should i trust her on this?

Emily's talking head:
Dont tell her i told you that.

Riley's Pov:
I wouldve never thought Emily would've had a crush on Michelle, my best friend but also her co-studio head. I geuss i haven't seen them together forever, basically since Nationals which was 5 years ago.

Rileys talking head:
Maybe i shouldn't say anything about it.

Emily's Pov:
We've both just been sitting here in silence for about 5 minutes, Riley hasn't said anything except 'wow' have i let my sister down?

Emily's talking head:
What if i loose Riley, i cant loose my sister.

Riley's Pov:
I look at Emily and she keeps looking down at her hands then at me maybe I've made her feel awkward, i should say something.

Riley's Talking head:
The worst thing is i dont know what to say, im not disappointed in her at all. I've supported her ever since she came out which was years ago, its just that i never expected her to like Michelle.

Emily's Pov:
"If your disappointed in me i'd rather you just say it"

Emily's talking head:
Every second of the silence my heart is shattering.

Riley's Pov:
Riley: "Disappointed in you?"

Rileys talking head:
My sister would think im disappointed in her?

Emily's Pov:
"Yeah, i mean the silence and you ignoring me it just makes sense.

Riley's Pov:
"Em, im not disappointed in you im just shocked you like Michelle, i never thought it would be Michelle. I've never been disappointed in you my whole life.

Riley's talking head:
Well except when i was 5 and she lost my doll at Disney world.

Emily's Pov:
"That makes me feel so much better Ri, love you lil sis."

Emilys talking head:
Im so happy i haven't lost my baby sister.

Riley's Pov:
"Love you too, well I'm going to head home now because i have a date with James."

Emily's Pov:
"Love you too, have fun with James."

I see Riley walk out the door waving, maybe i should text Michelle or call? I grab my phone and type in Michelle's number, im trying to force myself to press call but im so nervous. I always talk to her at work but this is just different.

Emily's talking head:
I can do this Emily, just press call!

Emily's Pov:
I press the call button and the phone starts ringing, i paste around my kitchen bitting my nails. I want her to pick up but dont at the same time.

The phone call:

Michelle: Emily?

My brain just fogs up, i dont know what to say. I open my mouth but nothing comes out, i feel like im repeating that time when Riley met brighter brightest and they thought she was Spanish.

"Hi, i- um." Suck it up Emily!

Michelle: are you okay?

"Mhm, im...good!, you?" I'm making conversation.

Michelle: yeah im just at the studio working out some choreography.

"Your still at the studio? Its 8pm."

Emily's talking head:
I thought i stayed late but Michelle at the studio at 8pm is a bit crazy!

Emily's Pov:
(Still the call)

Michelle: Well i have to go now, see you tomorrow morning.

"Ok bye!." I hang up has quickly as possible, why did i make this so awkward.

(Not the call)

I think i should head to bed early, i dont want to get thinking of this all night. I should just sleep it off and start fresh in the morning.

I look in my drawer and see i dont have any of my nice PJ's left, i take out my kangaroo crop top and turtle shorts. I dont even know if they'll fit me i had these when i was 15 im now 20.

I take a look in the mirror, i look ridiculous right now. A Kangaroo top that i got when i went to the zoo at 12 and turtle shorts i brought because Riley said they where cute. I sort of want to take a picture to send to Michelle.

I take the photo and send it to Michelle, she instantly replies with laughing emojis and a voice note.

Michelle: This is the funniest thing i think Ive seen you wear! You've always been so smart with your clothing choices. Anyways goodnight.

Her voice smooths me so much, i can't help myself smile and replaying the message over and over again. I should really get to bed now.