confusing? - chapter 5

(Ezekiel pov)

I kissed Harold. the kiss led on for a few seconds but it felt like i was in heaven. my heart was beating so fast i thought it was going to pop out of my chest.. I remember seeing how cute and red he was after we kissed, and i remember the words "Maybe i do like guys.. a bit.." coming out of his mouth, and a quiet 'gosh' that he whispered.

After that kiss it was awkward for a while, but it was the same day but just later that day, after the challenge that Chris, the host assigned for the campers. i was so so so tired, since Chris made us eat a ton of food, run a marathon, then try to stay awake! i didn't last for long, all i remember was i woke up next to Harold, we must've both fell asleep while talking, but i woke up to his handsome freckled face, with his glasses half off his face.

After this, i heard rumors that two boys.. kissed?? while they were asleep?? didn't know that there were so many.. y'know.. people here. I was walking back to the team cabin before someone stopped me in my tracks. It was Justin. I got startled by him, and was confused why he stepped in front of me.

"Heyyy Ezekiel, want to go on a walk with me, to somewhere private?" He said, i was confused at what he meant but it was also.. attractive, in some way. I didn't know how to respond, because this was out of nowhere, i mean he was on the other team. "uhh.." My head searched for an answer, as i looked around, uncomfortable with what he was up to.

"Oh! hello Harold, i was just going to go somewhere with Ezekiel." Justin said, confidently, crossing his arms. "Hey, i didn't agree to tha-" I protested, being cut off by a stern 'Come on' said by Justin, as he grabbed my wrist and brang me somewhere. 

Justin continued to bring me into the forest, and he stopped and turned to me. "Ezekiel, buddy, would you like to make an alliance with me? We wont vote each other once its merge, that is, if you get that far." He said, my brain was spinning with questions on why he wanted to ally with me, we were on different. teams. "i don't know, eh? i mean its still teams.." 

I heard Harold calling for me, and i looked around, but Justin turned my head to look at him again, even though he was hot, i didn't think he wasn't very nice. "Listen, team with me, please, Beth, Lindsay, and Heather are forming an alliance and i don't want theirs to be the only one. Beth and Lindsay have a crush on me, so if i could get them to leave me alone, i would need someone to act like I'm together with them, and your that person who can do that." I started at him, trying to comprehend what he just said..

"wh- but, I'm a guy?" I said, confused, hoping he didn't think i was a girl. my heart and head racing. "you are? oh uh.. whatever. it will still work. now do you accept my offer?" I tilted my head, but agreed. he told me 'good' and then walked away. I decided to leave as well, walking towards where i heard Harold calling for me earlier. 

I saw him sitting down on a bench, and i sat next to him, smiling, his head down. "heh, what'd Justin talk to you about?" He asked, not sure why, but i answered. "oh, nothin' much, eh?" he nodded and we sat there, both of us staring at the ground, probably zoning out, lost in thought. I saw him opening his mouth to speak, but nothing came out, and he continued to think real hard. 

After a while, he turns to me and asks, "so.. about the um.. kiss." my face flushed red at the thought back to this morning. i turned to him slowly, my heart beating quickly, my breathing heavy, not wanting to admit i enjoyed the kiss. 

"w- what about it..?" I asked, scared of what he'd say, my overthinking getting the better of me, Harold's eyes filled with hesitation and anticipation, he whined quietly, thinking of what to say. I looked down, avoiding eye contact.

"gosh.. um. I think i- i.. never mind.." Harold told me, getting up and walking away, i watched him walk away, questions filling my mind; 'what was he going to say?', 'what about the kiss?' and 'why is today so so weird?' i sat there, looking at the view ahead of me, confused as fuck.

A/N SORRY IT WAS SO SHORT!! promise ill do a longer one next time :33 BRINGING MORE CHARACTERS INTO THE STORY CAUSE IT WAS MOSTLY HAROLD AND ZEKE THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS!! thanks for reading!! :3