yes i know that he's my ex

We all do stupid things when we're young. The first time we get drunk when we're teens (if you're a teen and you're reading this, I strongly advise not to. Get drunk as a teen, I mean), the results could be catastrophic.

Some people tell their secrets to everyone, others do embarrassing things.

Me? Well.

I snogged my enemy.

Okay, that was a bit dramatic. Enemy is a strong word, so I could call Potter my... nemesis?

Ever since we had first met at the Hogwarts Express, we had our differences. With Snape as my best friend, it could only get worse.

And it did.

Snape and Potter hated each other so fiercely it astounded me at first. They would get in arguments, call each other names and, of course, duel each other. A lot.

Sirius encouraged Potter. It wasn't uncommon to see the pair of them ganging up on Snape, for various reasons.

Snape could defend himself, as I saw constantly, but I had to help him a few times – 3 on 1 were terrible and unfair odds.

As if just being responsible for my oldest friend's fights wasn't enough, Potter also terrorised other kids – and that pissed me off for real.

We started to argue a lot: me, red-faced and angry, ready to rip his head off; him, nonchalant and having fun, smirking as if he owned the world.

He irritated me other times too. By second year, Potter never failed to provoke me at least twice a week, and things only grew from there.

I was a defender of the weak, he was their tormentor. I aspired to be a Prefect, he wished to create chaos. I believed in inter-houses cooperation, he had a list with all the Slytherins he'd hexed.

So, yes. Nemesis.

When I found out Remus would be my fellow Prefect, I was glad. Although I despised two of his mates, Rem was a good friend. I also hoped this would at least minimise Black and Potter's shenanigans.

Boy, was I wrong.

Not only did they keep it all going, Potter started to look at me. Like, proper stare. Mary and Marlene noticed it too, and they teased me endlessly about it.

"Well, at least he's hot," Marlene said when I asked them to stop, "it makes other blokes notice you too, and then you'll find someone you like."

She was right on both accounts: on the Hollowe'en Hogsmead outing, I had not one, but four invites for a date.

And hell, he was bloody hot.

Boys have growth-spurs like you wouldn't believe. Black and Remus had grown during our Fourth Year. Potter was way too skinny, towered by his best mate.

But had he grown during that Summer! He was almost Black's height, and the muscles he used for Quidditch started to fill out – although he remained with his gangly shape. But it worked for him. The hazel eyes and provoking smirk made girls fawn over him, and words of a fan club being created made his very healthy ego grow even more.

The first day of the Christmas break was actually mid-December. I stayed at Hogwarts to make Mary company, since her parents had to travel for work and she didn't want to spend Christmas alone.

The Marauders also stayed behind, so the Gryffindor Tower wasn't as empty as we thought it would be. All in all, there were about twenty students in the school over the break, most of them Fifth year and beyond.