♤Machanical instincts pt.1♤

Something is wrong with Uzi, and some random workers made everything even worse.

This is part one, part two should be out soon.

******************^******************

No Ones POV

According to V, Uzi's been acting weirder than usual. She barely leaves her room, she refuses to go hunting, and N can't even convince her to leave her room. They informed J and Tessa about Uzi's behavior since they were coming over for the weekend.

In the living room, everyone except for Uzi was sitting down and chatting, but most of the talk was about Uzi's odd behavior. The Murder drones start bringing up that they haven't drank any oil in a while.

J: "Well, since none of us have had any oil in a while, why don't we head hunting?"

Tessa: "Yea, maybe try dragging the dragon kid with you."

V and N look at each other and then back to Tessa and J

V: "Welp, I guess it won't hurt to try again."

V stood up and started walking towards the nearby hall. The others watched as she disappeared around a darkened corner.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With V, she walked down the dimmed hall, hearing muffled music coming from a door with police tape stickers and danger signs, one of which said 'beware of attack dog'. V had put it up there as a prank, but it was yet to be taken down.

She stopped in front of the door. A faint purple-blue light came from underneath it as well. V gave the door three knocks. After the third, the music volume was turned down, and an unmistakably groggy voice replied.

Uzi: "Come in."

V was slightly surprised Uzi invited her in instead of demanding what V's business was. Despite the surprise, V opened the door and walked in. The room was surprisingly tidy. Yeah, there were a few papers on the floor, but it was the cleanest Uzi's room had been in a while.

Uzi: "What do you guys want."

Uzi was sitting at her desk. She was working on some type of bomb thing. V wasn't the most invested in Uzi's work.

V: "Me, N, and J are going to go hunting, and you're coming with us."

She looked at V for a second

Uzi: "I don't get a choice, don't I."

V: "Nope."

Uzi leaned back in her chair and let out a slight sigh before standing up and walking over to grab her bag. It was then that V noticed Uzi's tail and legs. Ever since Uzi's first transformation, she almost always kept her legs digitigraded. It made her taller.

V: "Not fighting today?"

Uzi: "Even if I did, you would still drag me with you guys. I can only stay in here for so long."

V snickered a bit. It's true. She would have dragged Uzi with her anyway. Uzi turned her music off completely and started walking towards the door. V stepped outside to let Uzi walk in front of her. Once she did, V messed with her beanie just to annoy her. This earned a playful shove from the smaller girl as she adjusted her beanie. They walked into the brighter living room, getting greets from the others there.

If only they were prepared.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A cold wind whisled through the toxic air. It was a dark night on Copper-9, the darkest of the year. There were no planets and only a few stars in the sky. The occasional flickering lights of street posts and dead workers screens illuminated anything.