Battle Between Red And Blue

The team had won 3-1 against Reading in the quarter final and won 1-0 against Villa in the semis. This meant one thing, the final. Against Man United.

I had been out for the past five games completely due to my injury but came on as a substitute on our game against Leicester. I was hoping to be back fully for the FA cup final on Sunday but it all depends on how i am in training. I just had a consultation meeting with the team doctor to talk about what needs to be expected of my performance in training to see if i'll be okay for the full 90 minutes. He said that he would be watching me in the training sessions and on the last day before the game we'd have another meeting and he'd tell me whether i can start or not.

I pretty much knew that i was most likely going to be allowed back but i had to make sure i wasn't behind in the next three days.

TIME SKIP...

It was our last day of training now and as far as i'm concerned, i've improved a lot and i'm confident that the team doctor will be happy for me to play, although it all depends on this meeting. I knocked on his door and he allowed me in.

"Hello, Renata" he smiled.

"Hello" i returned the smile.

"So i've been monitoring your training for the past days now, as your aware and i haven't seen anything dodgy with your knee but i am going to have to run through some tests with you just to make sure. But firstly have you felt any pain or discomfort in these past days at all? Please be honest"

"My knee feels absolutely fine genuinely. It feels normal"

"That's great to hear. Would you be able come with me so i can do them tests with you now?"

I stood up and followed him like he asked. We were outside on the slabs of the training ground. I had to stretch my knee and he made sure there were no pulls. He then made me do some running and jumps. After a few more little tests we went back into his office and sat down.

"So everything seems good which is amazing! I'll tell Emma now that i'm happy for you to start on Sunday if she wishes. If she does start you and it starts to hurt as the game goes on i strongly suggest that you come off as you could injure it more and might be out for longer than you wish but other than that it's all green lights!"

"Thank you so much!" i gave him a hug and walked out his office with a smile on my face.

I walked into the gym to go on the bikes and sat down on one which was next to Sam.

"Why are you so smily?" The Aussie asked.

"Because i can play a full 90 minutes now" i said smugly.

"No way! I'm happy for you Rena" she hit my side jokingly and we carried on talking about random stuff.

Time passed and everyone started going home. Me and Guro were the last ones in the changing rooms and i was waiting for her to come out the bathroom. I was sat on one of the benches on my phone scrolling endlessly on TikTok. I heard to door open and looked up to see her walking out.

"Come on Roo" she stuck out her hand for me to take, which i did. She pulled me up and we walked out the facilities together after signing out and found our way home.

TIME SKIP...

Me and Guro arrived at Cobham this morning but my mood was darkened by the news that Leah had torn her ACL in her resent with Arsenal. I had messaged her and called her once i found out to see how she was doing. No athlete wants to tear their ACL. It's one of the worst injuries as the rehabilitation time is around about a year.