2

You can't imagine how difficult it was to write Shiina every time. I call her Hiyori all the time, so it's really hard for me.

Which of these should I choose? It's quite difficult. On the right side of the ring is a majestic can of canned beans from a Japanese manufacturer, and on the left are canned beans of German origin. The choice is really difficult, it's like choosing between patriotism and curiosity. In fact, I don't know any of these dishes, nor their taste, nor their color, nor even their volume. Okay, the last one is written on the back of each jar, but with the rest it's much more complicated.

Unfortunately, I can't just open cans of canned food right here, it would be illegal. If I buy them, I will spend the points only on my own curiosity. I only need one jar, there is no need for the second one, so I don't need to buy it. Of course, their price is quite small compared to my amount of virtual money, but is it really important? They say that buying only the most necessary things is a matter of principle.

– Ayanokoji-kun, I'm back.

The soft and gentle voice of a girl I managed to meet not so long ago rang out next to me. We sit next to each other and chat from time to time, mostly about books. By a happy coincidence, we decided to go to the store together after school. However, our paths diverged. Although, I thought that shopping would take her more time.

– Have you got everything you need?

– Yes, I even managed to pay for all this, standing in a long queue. There are fewer people now, so I think this is the perfect time for you to act.

Her advice turned out to be extremely helpful, but it doesn't make my situation any easier. Rather, it makes another situation easier, which is my next step after the current one. Anyway, there's something else that interests me.

– Then why didn't you go to the dorm? I'm sure these bags aren't that light.

I could help her, but I have a more important matter right under my nose right now. If I make a mistake, it can cost me valuable points and self-perception as a normal person. I'm kidding, I'm not a normal person.

Okay, I'm kidding, I don't know how to kidding at all, but I'm really not like everyone else.

– I couldn't leave you.

– Is that so?

I could have done it without thinking too much. Although it probably wouldn't be polite if we switched places, so I can understand Shiina's train of thought. It must have occurred to her that I would think something bad of her. It probably would have been if someone else had been in my place.

– I won't think of you in a bad way, be calm.

– That... that's not what worries me. I just want to help you.

Commendable determination. Does that make her a moralist? No, Shiina is probably just that kind of person. She doesn't look at all like someone who will help everyone in absolutely any situation, but she seems to have a kind soul. Since she didn't leave, but came back to give me a helping hand, I could say that I was really lucky to have her.

Will we ever be friends? I don't know, friendship is kind of not edible as the Internet-sensei assured me, but I still doubt it.

– Well, as you already know, this choice is really beyond the power of the two of us, so I'm trying to understand the universe itself and find a definition of reality in order to calculate in my brain the equation for determining the best canned beans.

I turned in her direction for a second to give my words a more weighty emotional and scientific tone. Although Shiina looked at me after that as if she didn't understand the meaning of my words. In that case, should I explain everything again? Probably not. If she wanted to know and understand it 100%, she could have asked the question herself. However, she didn't do it, so I shouldn't embarrass her, even though I realized that she didn't understand me.

Indeed, sometimes my genius outstrips the very reality of this multiverse.

– Okay, I've made my decision.

– Oh? What is it?

I'm intrigued, how did she decide to get out of this delicate situation? Will it cause the global economy to collapse in order to raise the yen even slightly? In this case, we would be able to purchase these beans at a reduced price, doing almost nothing. Of course, in this case, we would first have to wait for the price reduction in the store itself, so this is most likely a waste of time. And Shiina doesn't create the feeling that she is the daughter of some super famous politician running a white place far in the mountains.

Oh, I have a headache. It seems that the equation that my brain calculated in passive mode is impossible to calculate. Does buying canned beans have to be so difficult?

– I'll just buy them both for you, that's all.

It sounds like a way out, but is it worth it? Of course, I also considered this option, but I had to quickly abandon it. However, when Shiina makes such an offer, the situation changes a little.

– Are you sure?

– Yes, it's all right.

I could no longer doubt the degree of her confidence when she immediately took these two cans in both hands, which never melted under my gaze. It looks like I just won the lottery with her offer as the top prize. I'll get both cans of canned food for free.

I am amazed at my own genius. If I ever became the leader of Japan by some accident, I would have to erect a statue for myself.

– I'll pay you back a little later, if you don't mind?

– No-no, it's on me. They don't cost much anyway. Consider it a small gift. Besides, we could finally go back to the dorm.

But in any case, I took those packages of purchased things that Shiina was carrying with her. She had to put them on the floor so as not to strain her arms and take two cans of canned food, so I took all this burden on myself. It's pretty easy, but apparently, for the untrained body of such a girl, this is something difficult.

There are a variety of products, skin and hair care products, shower gel, shampoo, two combs, vegetables, fruits, water. God, this girl really decided to buy everything, didn't she? In the meantime, I just wanted to buy canned food out of curiosity.

– Ayanokoji-kun..? Please don't strain yourself, this is my burden.

– Don't worry about it, it's not difficult for me. Moreover, this will be only a small part of paying you back.

– I told you, you don't have to repay the debt.

– I know, so I'll do it the roundabout way, without the participation of money.

In the end, I just need to create a good impression of myself, after which I can get my free food, while paying off only a small part of the debt, not even with money.

Such a genius.