holiday party

trigger warnings : language , mental health , etc.

you will go by !!!! since you cannot remember your name, and y/n wont work until the wheel is spun in the circus.

lets go !!

4:43 pm. a couple days after christmas.

You sit at your desk, staring at the forms on your pixelated computer, sipping from an empty cup.

???: !!!! GET TO WORK. YOUVE GOT TEN MINUTES TO FILL OUT THAT FORM OR ELSE.
JUST COMPARE YOURSELF... BLAH BLAH...

You sat at your desk, coming out of your daydreaming and you notice your mug is empty. You ignore your boss shouting, and get back to work.

!!!!: Wow.. it's almost five.. I need to finish this..

5:07 pm.

You checked your vintage watch, noticing it had been about five minutes past your 9-5 schedule. A coworker walked past your cubicle, and you noticed they seemed... off. The clock chimed on your alarm stating 'Go home, idiot' written on the rim on the clock.  Your phone began to ring, so you picked it up.

!!!!: Hi, this is !!!! at C&A inc., how may I help..? *yawn*

???: Yo, !!!! come to my house, we're having a christmas party! No rush, go to [Store Name] or whatever if you wanna find something. See ya at 8!

??? hung up, and you let out a deep breath. "How could I go to a stupid christmas party when I don't have the energy, time, or money?" You thought to yourself. You grabbed your bag and shoved your empty mug inside of it. A couple of your things fell to the floor, but you didn't notice.

You smelled the slight whiff of dust coming from the dirty ceiling, falling down on you.

7:28 pm.

You sat in your barren living room, staring at your cheap box television. You looked at the clock, leaning against the wall and noticed the time. SHIT!The party is in thirty minutes. You rushed around your apartment, gathering your things.

Female !!!! POV: You rushed to the bathroom putting on your cheap makeup, then doing your hair, trying to hide your messy self. You quickly slammed on some clothes, grabbed your purse, turned off your television, then....-

Male/NB/GN !!!! POV: You put on some clothes, and looked around for your wallet, keys etc., and quickly turn off the television, then....-

All !!!! POV: -you turned the lights off and left. You went to a nearby [Store Name] and found some gifts to give people.

It was about 7:53 pm when you arrived at your friend's big house, decorated in christmas decorations.

?? #1 : Heya, wasn't expecting you to come !!!!, you look great!

!!!!: Ha.. thanks.. where do I put these.. *gestures to gift bags*

?? #2 : *approaches !!!!* Oh, I'll take thooose~! Merry Christmas !!!!, how are ya?! Did you get any gifts yet?

!!!!: No.

?? #1,2 (both) : Oh.

There was an awkward silence for a moment, but then the "party queen" arrived.

???: Yo! I didn't think you'd actually come, 'sup?

!!!!: Work. Work a lot.

You held a blank expression, your eyes drooping from how tired you were.

8:33 pm.

???: Y'all want to open gifts or what?

?? #1,2,3,4 : Yes! Yeah! For sure! I love doing whatever!

Everyone stared at you for a moment, as you didn't say a word.

???: Okay.. uh !!!! why don't you open our gift so you can uh.. leave..!

You'd nod, and open your nicely wrapped gift. You leaned in for a moment, your eyes widening.

A headset.

!!!!: H- how did you- I- when did- I-

???, ?? #1,2,3,4 : Tada..! We all chipped in..! Cutting edge technology eh?

!!!!: Wow.. w- well.. i've gotta.. go.. my fish tank needs uh.. fish in it..

You went home, and after a long bus ride, long shower, and some binging, you decided to try your brand new headset. The manual was smudged, the ink overlapping itself. You clicked the power button and put it on your head and saw a colorful circus tent, with text around it saying "The Amazing Digital Circus : Play, How to Play, or Quit." You pressed play and noticed something felt off.. the abstract characters around you didn't look too fake..

To be continued..

687 words.