Day One

[10:05]

The next morning was... Chaotic to say the least. It turned out that whilst everybody slept that night, the Dai Li had taken care of the body and blood. The kitchen was practically spotless! Yet that made the news difficult for Sokka, Zuko and Aang to share.

Once the three had shared the news with some other people in the manor that morning, there was a mix of reactions. Some people believed them, which was beginning to cause a panic amongst the manor, but some didn't believe them. Some people, such as Jet, actually got angry at them, asking them if they were making a sick joke.

The lack of belief was up until Long Feng entered the discussion... Long Feng was their tour-person, and he had walked into the dining room in which everybody gathered in for breakfast. He had walked in and gained everybody's attention as if he were going to make an announcement... Which he did.

Each person who sat at the four long wooden tables turned their heads towards Long Feng. Long Feng begun his announcement with his projected voice echoing through the space of the dining hall.

"Good morning, guests. It has been brought to mine and the hosts attention that rumours of a murder have been floating around the place... We aren't sure as to who started the rumour... Yet whoever started it was absolutely correct."

The silence in the hall continued as people had stopped chewing their food, maybe dropping a utensil or two, all done with shock. Correct?! Majority were definitely beginning to believe the words of the three boys, seeing how serious Long Feng was.

There were remaining questions lingering... Such as who? Why? Why was Long Feng so calm?! Long Feng heard the whispers and slapped his hands together, causing a sharp sound to ring through the hall. He took another breath and calmly explained.

"Smellerbee, or whatever her name was, was murdered last night. She was beheaded and stabbed with a blade of some sort. Do what you want and do what you will with that information, but please just know..."

A dramatic silence...

"The game has begun."

— — — — — —

[11:35]

So... That's what the game was... People just being murdered?! If anyone were to tell another soul inside the manor that it was a murder mystery, they all would have thought it was a silly little detective game! Not actual detective work!

It had been an hour since the news was shared to the members of the manor... Nobody had gotten over it... Especially not Jet or Longshot.

Hearing about the death of their beloved teammate... The two had a deep bond with Smellerbee, and there they were... Hearing about her death. It was devastating news for the two of them.

Within the hour and thirty minutes that people were panicking and beginning to fear for their lives, Longshot sat in silence blaming himself for not being able to protect Smellerbee, his face blank... Meanwhile Jet felt himself fill with anger and start lashing out at people who had come near him.

Every person who spoke to him was just another person for him to yell at and be suspicious of... In that moment, he hated every single person in that manor. He hated how people weren't caring enough for Smellerbee's death and were only worrying about themselves. It was just something he couldn't bring himself to accept.