As Time Goes By, I Pick My Friends Over You

XxXx

You were everything I wanted

But I just can't finish what I started

There's no room left here on my back

It was damaged long ago

Though you swear that you are true

I'd still pick my friends over you

My friends over you!-My Friends Over You by New Found Glory

XxXx

"There comes a point in your life when you realize how quickly time goes by, and how quickly it has gone. Then it really speeds up exponentially. With that, I think you start to put a lot of things into context; you start to see how huge the world is, and really, the universe." -Michael Keaton

XxXx

Perfect. Their dresses were absolutely perfect. Nalani, Steph, Jordan, Katie, Annie and Rebecca picked out their prom dresses for prom that was approaching. "One week, one more week of being a high school student," Rebecca said, smiling as this was like old times before the big split. "I can't believe it'll be all over," Nalani replied, looking over to Steph who was busy writing her valecdictorian speech. She had her Galaxy in one hand and a pair of vans in the other. "When you're a kid, you have this feeling like you're indestructible. Your mortality doesn't even occur to you. But as time goes by, you realize, 'I better cut this out or that out if I want to continue to exist," Steph said outloud, looking up to her friends to see their comments.

"I'm surprised your still alive," Katie admitted, giving a big smile and leaned back in her seat thinking about old times. "Remember when Michael pushed you off the table?" Katie recalled, grinning back to Steph. "Oh yeah I remember...that hindu douche," she grinned, sighing. "Jordan remember when that blonde freaked out and spilled water all over the table because she thought I attacked her with water?" Steph recollected. Jordan giggled and nodded. "Remember when you told me you had a crush on-" Steph started but stopped. Nalani noticed and grew suspicious. "What?" Nalani asked. "Oh nothing!" Steph quickly replied, sitting back in her seat. "Spit it out, Rivera," Nalani ordered, wanting to know what Steph was about to say.

"Remember when you told me you had a crush on Tommy and I bursted laughing and said you were sh!tting yourself and need to pick hotter guys," Steph nervously giggled and Nalani smiled. "Can't believe we lasted seven years," Nalani whispered, sadly looking down but got back up. "Anyways, remember when Andy randomly asked you out and the guys investigated him to make sure he wasn't playing you?" Annie popped back in, Steph nodding. "It's too bad we don't have too many memories of high school..." Steph whispered. "Remember when you beat up Tracie when she hit me?" Jordan grinned. "Remember when you got so high you started singing Starships in front of almost all of Trujillo then threw up on your boyfriend?" Nalani laughed. "Remember when you needed to shut the hell up? Yeah that's right now," Steph snapped, leaving to pay for her dress.

OOOO

"Hey coke addict," Katelyn grinned, walking up to Steph. Steph closed her locker, joyed about what Katelyn has to say. "You know Christian?" Katelyn asked, eyeing her. "Yeah...he's my boyfriend..." Steph suspiciously answered, seeing him walk up behind her. "Spit out, Newman," Steph snapped, looking at Katelyn bite her lip at Christian's appearance. Steph turned around and hugged her boyfriend, smirking as Katelyn looked pissed off. "Christian, this is my old best friend, Katelyn Newman," Stephanie introduced and he smiled. "Yeah, I know Katelyn. You're one of Trujillo's finest cheerleaders," Christian complimented her, Katelyn grinning and blushing as she saw Steph's angered reaction. "Too bad your not the best girl in the world," he added, Steph smiling as Katelyn's grin dropped. "Oh really, who currently has that title?" Katelyn asked, swifting her body.