Chapter 47- Love Triangle

Manik's POV:

I was deep down sank in my thoughts. ''But why are you asking me all this?'' Cabir asked. ''Kuch nahi, aise hi'' I said not caring about his question. ''Acha, should I think that you are asking all this for Siya?'' he asked. ''Ha Siya ke baare mein kya, kuch nahi hai. She is good and her movie is releasing tomorrow, we are all excited'' I said. ''Ok, let's go down, Nandini bhi aa gayi hogi'' Cabir said. ''Why would she come here?'' I asked Cabir as we reached his apartment. ''When Roshni got Navya home, Navya messaged Nandini to come for her. Otherwise Roshni will not send Navya out'' he murmured such that Roshni couldn't hear anything.

Roshni served tea to me, Navya and Cabir. Navya and Cabir are eagerly waiting for Nandini. As expected, Nandini aa gayi. ''Hi Nandini, have a seat'' Cabir offered. ''I came for Navya, can I take her out?'' she asked him. ''Of course, you can'' Cabir made an ishaara to Navya but Roshni didn't let Nandini go out. ''Aap bhi aayi hai na, baithiye na, tea laungi aapke liye'' she went inside. ''Nandini kaise bhi karke isko bahar le jao'' Cabir said. ''Mujhe bhi yaha rukna nahi hai Nandini'' Navya said. Oh God, Navya and Cabir will always have a wrong timing. ''Roshni, ab hume kuch nahi chahiye, please hum sab ko ek important kaam hai, I'm taking Cabir along with us'' I said so that everyone of us can get out of there. I did not give any time to others as I knew they would mess it up. ''Thank God hum bahar aa gaye'' Nandini sighed. ''Why are you saying it, Cabir aur Navya ka line hai wo'' I couldn't control my laugh when Nandini said it. ''Don't laugh at me'' Nandini said in a serious tone but I found her too funny. 

''Tum kyu aaye ho Navya?'' Cabir was quick to shut me up. ''Cabir, first of all we need to get out from here, jo bhi puchna hai bahar poocho'' I asked them to get out from there. We decided to go out for a restaurant where we can talk peacefully. We have settled and ordered something to eat. ''I did not come on my own, I happened to meet Roshni in grocery shopping, she herself came to me saying that she forgot to get money from home neither she has a card for payment. I had to pay for her, in return she forced me to come home to collect money. Maine usse bahut baar samjhaya but she didn't budge'' Navya said. ''Cabir, isme Navya ki galti nahi hai, please don't be mad at her'' Nandini said. ''It won't happen again, I'm sorry'' Navya said. Nandini looked at me and tried to say something but I didn't get her. 

''Sorry ki koi zarurat nahi, thank you for helping her out'' Cabir said. ''Guys, I have a news for you all, I've signed an agreement today, 2 din mein shoot shuru hone wala hai'' she said. ''Oh that's a great news'' Cabir said. ''Then it's time to celebrate then'' I said excited. I was genuinely so happy for Nandini. She is getting new offers too and that's great. ''Nandini, Rohan ke saath tumhare pehla project wo kab resume hoga'' Navya asked. ''Pata nahi Navya, uska koi announcement nahi aaya'' Nandini said. ''I guess Rohan might announce it as soon as he is fully recovered, the last time I met him, he looked fit and healthy'' Navya added. We were about to leave but Cabir said, ''Manik, could you please call me, I think I lost my phone''. I called on his number and we couldn't hear any ringtone. ''I think you should check inside'' Nandini suggested and Cabir went inside. Navya bid goodbye to us and went off. 

''So Congratulations Nandini Murthy'' I wished her again. ''I'm really thankful to you, I knew you already talked to them'' she said. How can she find everything. ''I must say you are very influential, I've talked to them today and you already knew about it, kisine bola hoga na office mein'' I asked her. ''Koi aur nahi producer khud bola mujhe, thanks for everything'' she said. ''Tho yeh kya choti si treat bolke thanks kehna chahti thi'' I asked her. ''What made you think like that? Jab tum ghar aaoge, I will cook something special for you'' she said. ''Why would I come home? Tumhare haath ka khana khane ke liye?'' I love to tease her. ''Excuse me, if you don't remember, last 2 nights tum aaye ho mere ghar, aaj bhi aaoge na'' she asked. I was surprised at her comment. ''Hello, you called me for dinner last night'' I said defending myself. ''But I didn't ask you to get an ice cream, neither asked you to stay back'' she said again. ''You were alone so I stayed with you for moral support'' I said.

''Acha, aaj bhi main akeli hi hu, aaj bhi aaoge kya?'' she asked. Did she want me to come? ''Nahi aaj nahi aane wala hu, mom and Mukti are shifting to US tonight, I should send them off and tomorrow is a big day for Siya, her movie is releasing, kal hume premiere show dekhna hai'' I said. ''Phir bhi tum aaoge, zarur aaoge. I know'' she said. ''Nandini Murthy, I pity you. Itna expectations mat rakhna mujhse'' I warned her. ''So, is it an open challenge for me?'' she didn't seem to care what I said earlier and sat in her car. I bent down to the driver seat. ''I don't want to challenge you, mujhe tumse aur jagadna nahi hai'' I said and held her hand in mine. ''I'll come after sending them, wait for me till I come. I have a surprise for you'' I said. ''What is it'' she asked. ''Surprise matlab surprise, you cannot cheat like this'' she looked too excited. ''Ok, I will wait for you then'' she said and went off. I reached till my car and saw Cabir there.

''Phone mil gaya'' I asked and he showed it to me. ''Chalo, come then, I'll drop you home'' I offered him. He was quiet throughout the drive. ''Cabir, kuch hua?'' I asked him. Navya and Roshni might be really bothering him. ''Don't worry Cabir, sab kuch theek ho jayega, give Roshni some time'' I suggested. ''Manik, you will never fall in love with the second girl. If you really love her, then you are not in love with the first girl'' he said. ''So, you can't love Roshni until Navya is there in your life'' I asked trying to decode what he said. ''No, if you have fallen for Nandini, that means you are no more in love with Siya'' he said. I have immediately stopped the car when I heard him. ''What did you say?'' I asked him not sure of what I heard. ''The answer for what you have asked me on terrace. Agar tum sach mein Siya se pyaar kiya hota, you will not have fallen for Nandini'' he said it again.

''I and Nandini'' I stammered a bit not knowing what to say. ''I just heard the conversation between you and Nandini, that is how I could figure out what you have asked me on the terrace'' he said hesitant. I have called his phone but didn't realize that Cabir has answered my call instead of rejecting my incoming call. I was so stupid to not realize Cabir was on call. ''I answered to tell you that I found my phone'' he said in his justification. Did he hear us out when we talked about my night stay at her place. ''Cabir, it's not like what you think, me and Nandini, we don't have anything'' I tried to explain but couldn't put it in words. ''Manik, I don't know what to say, I was shocked when I heard you. Maine apne kaanon se suna, tab mujhe yakeen hua. Those who know Nandini and you, they can never say at least you are friends with her. Aryaman, me and Navya always thought you and Nandini were at loggerheads'' he said. 

''Listen to me Cabir, it's not like what you think, Nandini aur mere beech kuch nahi chal raha hai. We are just friends but sadly sab ko yeh lagta hai ki hum ek doosre ko jhel nahi sakte. Maybe that is because of me, I always keep my life lowkey. I don't even remember when we got so close. I am not cheating on Siya or Nandini too. Nandini is my support system, I have never met a girl like her. I don't know how much you've heard but about the nights I have spent with her, trust me, I did nothing, you know what I mean'' I tried hard to explain. ''I understood you didn't sleep with her. I'm sorry but you need not explain me anything'' his words were a relief to me. ''But are you sure of your feelings Manik? you said you're not cheating either of them. I saw it in your eyes, how worried you were when Nandini went missing the other day. You constantly looked tensed. Nandini ke har choti detail pata hai tumhe, exactly the same way I would remember for Navya'' he said. I was short of words to say anything. ''I have already lost Navya, I hope you don't lose Nandini'' his voice was full of pain. ''No Cabir, you don't love Roshni, you only love Navya. But I love Siya more than Nandini, we are not alike'' I said. 

''Then let Nandini go off and move on from her. What if Nandini loves you? Ever imagined how will she face another heart break after Sid?'' he asked. No, I can't let Nandini to go away from me. But what can I do if cannot stay with her. I dropped him at home. ''Cabir, thanks for understanding me'' I extremely want to thank me for hearing me out without judging. ''Manik, kya main kuch bol sakta hu'' he asked. ''No need of such formalities Cabir, please ask me'' I said.

''Nandini bahut achi ladki hai, make sure you never hurt her'' he said. ''I will never, I promise'' I have not only promised him but mentally made a promise to myself too.