CHAPTER THREE

3

Hazel eyes

Copenhagen, 1510.

"And we are all here," Rebekah said, "it must be some kind of miracle that we are all together and none of us has a dagger in their heart."

"Do not temp him bekah there is still time," said Kol while he poured himself a drink.

"Oh c'mon, Nik is trying his best," said Rebekah in a mocking manner.

"Yes!" Kol agreed, "and let's not talk too soon because poor Finn's still daggered."

"Do not tell me you wish to wake up the dreadful Finn," Klaus said walking into the room with Elijah behind him.

"He is a part of this family Niklaus," Elijah took Kol's drink from his hand.

"And a bore, that the moment we wake him up he is going to leave us for that redheaded trollop," Rebekah smirked.

"But of course Nik prefers his family to be in coffins then letting them decide for themselves."

"And what if he leaves, let him," Kol said while he poured himself another drink.

"We made a vow!!"

"And your willingness to enforce it truly amazes me brother," Rebekah stood up and stood inches away from Klaus' face, "what would she think?," There was no need to mention any names, everyone in the room knew who Rebekah was referring to, "wait, she was almost as crazy as you, she would have help you, just like she did with Finn."

"Rebekah," Elijah warned.

"What Elijah, are you going to tell me I'm wrong?," Rebekah pushed Klaus back, "Or maybe she finally got tired of you and your paranoia and decided to leave you," Klaus started walking to Rebekah but was stopped by Elijah. Kol was laughing behind them and took a seat.

"STOP TALKING!!"

"NO. She left us because of you Niklaus," Rebekah said and walked out of the room. Once she was out Elijah let go of Klaus and followed her. Klaus grabbed kol's drink from him.

"Why are you laughing?," Klaus asked.

"Maybe because I enjoy drama and bekah is not completely wrong," Klaus turned to look at him with a murderous look, "hey, I said not completely," Klaus nodded, "but I do believe she got tired of you and left, anyone would," Klaus stood up.

"I am not going to stand here to just be insulted by you."

"What I don't believe is that she would stay away all this time," kol stood up, "or that we haven't heard anything of the bloody Lilith," he reached for the drink on Klaus' hand, "we enjoy the same life and we see it in a very similar way Nik," Klaus nodded he knew some of that to be true, "after turning there was only blood for us and she knew this well, so I do find it strange we haven't heard anything of her," he downed his drink, "but hey, what do I know, I was only her best friend," then Kol walked out of the room leaving Klaus on his own.

    The rest of that day Klaus spent it in his room. Elijah tried to make him come out but Klaus was too keen on painting that particular shade of brown. Klaus knew Kol was right, even Rebekah for that matter, but it was maddening because as more time passed, Lilith seemed to disappear from his mind more and more, now every time he thought of her there was more shimmer than colors, that is why he was trying to get this shade right, he could only remember things he knew about her but every time he tried to picture her all was shimmer. There was a knock on his door.

"I said I'm not coming out Elijah," the door opened.

"Not Elijah," Rebekah said entering the room.

"What do you want?" Rebekah walked closer to him, just enough to see what he was doing, "ready to yell some more?," Rebekah sighed.

"Don't make this harder than it already is Nik," he turned to her and smirked.

"Then start."

"I didn't mean everything I said," Rebekah took a seat in Klaus' bed.

"I know you meant most of it".

"It's just because it frightens me Nik," Klaus wasn't expecting that, "I can't picture her face, last time I was awake I could still picture her in my mind, and now I woke up and there's nothing," Klaus nodded.

"I know bekah, but there is nothing we can do about it because either she left or was kidnapped and Kol believes she left and is hiding, and every day more and more I believe the same thing.''

"She would never leave you Nik, she loved you."

"Maybe she didn't anymore, she got tired of me and left," Rebekah denied with her head, "maybe that is why we haven't heard of her, she's hiding from us, from me."

"I believe that one is the right one," Rebekah pointed to a small canvas all covered in a particular shade of brown, she tried somehow to make Nik don't feel so bad, "Because the one you're doing now is not it," she laughed lightly, and Klaus smiled.

"This one?," he took the small canvas on his hands and Rebekah nodded.

"She would be insulted by that other shade of brown," they both laughed.

"I've been driving myself crazy over the right shade of brown and it has been under my nose this whole time."

"Maybe you just needed a new perspective," Klaus smiled, "and maybe it is time for all of us to move on," Klaus tried to said something, "as it's evident she has," Klaus nodded.

                    It was time to move on, he had been trying to find her for over half a century now and there was no clue, nothing that led to her, because maybe you couldn't find someone who didn't want finding. He burned all the incorrect canvases just as he always did, but kept the one that Rebekah told him was right, he hanged it on the main hall, near the fireplace, it was time to stop painting incorrect shades, it was time to stop looking for her because she didn't want to be found, it was time to stop longing for someone that long ago forgot about him. It was time to forget his Lilibeth, it was time to forget all about Lilith.