The Rage Game

[smg3's pov]

Everyone was seated in a circle in front of the couch. I, on the other hand— was sitting on the couch, sighing. (—How the hell could've I forgotten to bring something? I had a friggin sticky note on my bed frame reminding me!—)

Meggy came up to me.

"Hey 3! You wanna pass out the random numbers?"

"Uhhhhhhh okay..?"

"Great! Here you go!"

She handed me a medium-sized Ziplock bag with a bunch of strips of paper with a number on them. I took a breath as I got up and started passing out the strips, from Melony, to Mario, to Bob, to Tari, to Meggy, until I stopped to give a sleepy SMG4 a nudge on the shoulder.

"Hey dumb◼️ss. Wake up." (yes I'm gonna censor by putting ◼️ or typing *BOING NOISE* (◕ᗜ◕))

He yawned while rubbing his eyes.

"H-hm? What? What are we doing? What's going on?"

(~~Goddammit, that was cute— WAIT WHAT THE HELL? WHAT THE *BOING NOISE* DID I JUST THINK?~~)

"Oh, uhm, w-we're doing white elephant. You know how to play, right?"

"I... think so?"

I scoffed. "Whatever, take a number, idiot."

"Alright?" He took a number while yawning once again.

I kept walking around the circle, to Boopkins, to Swag, to Chris, to Sakio, and finally to Shroomy.

"Hey SMG3? What about me?" Luigi said, right as I was about to sit back down.

"Oh shoot, I almost forgot." I handed him the last number. (—Whoops ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)—)

Meggy stood up in the middle of the circle as I sat down on the couch once more.

"Alright you guys! Anybody remember how to play?"

Everyone said yes, except Mario, Melony, SMG4, and Boopkins. (—I mean, we did this last year, shouldn't they remember?—)

Meggy held up her number.

"So... for those of you who don't know or forgot, everyone has a number. Starting from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and so on. Whoever's turn it is based on their number can choose to pick a gift from the pile or steal one from another person. But— of course, the first person has to pick from the pile. And another rule: If someone steals a gift from you, you can decide to get a different gift from the pile or steal from another person. The only thing is, it's just that you can't steal back the gift that was stolen from you on the now given turn. Any questions?" (someone help me I had to google it 5 times💀💀💀)

I raised my hand.

"Uhhh, yes, 3?"

"Can we commentate and/or push people to do things? I mean, I'm just sitting here. Is there anything I can do or like, I can join the game temporarily?"

She thought for a bit. (— honestly, now I think that was a stupid question.—)

"Hehe, sorry, 3, you can't. At the end, everyone's supposed to have a gift, if there's more people than gifts, it wouldn't be fair."

"Oh. Okay."

"BUT. You can still commentate, though."

SMG4 perked up.

"Just don't bother with cruel jokes, 3... not right now..."

I replied, "And if I do, 4?"

"...Dammit, I'll think of something."

"Exactly."

I smirked. God, I haven't done that in a while.

Meggy started again. "So, who's number 1?"

Mario shouted. "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMKMKNBHBFTDRSSSDVHBJKOLPLIHYFRDWAWCNL,"

I replied, "Mario, chill—"

"Shut up virgin."

"MARIO, I'M NOT A—" *exaggerated scoff* "WHAT THE HELL, DON'T YOU REMEMBER—? Oh *BOING NOISE* what the heck have I just suggested?"

"YOU MEAN LIKE WHEN YOU AND SMG4 WERE TRAPPED IN THE IGLOO AND—"

Meggy put her hand over Mario's mouth.

"O...okay, that's enough right now."

I replied, "Agreed."

"Now, Mario, uhh, go... pick your gift."

Mario did that squeezed, stretched out face or whatever while taking a small gift box from the pile. Honestly, imagine if someone had a plate of spaghetti as a gift, but for me, I would've found it stupid.

Mario opened it, tearing away at it senselessly.

Peering over his shoulder, I checked to see what it was.

"YIPPEEEEEEMKKFROKINUTESWZDBJMKKOLOMHBGCFXWWWXTHUMSMG34UJUHYFRDESWSTHUMK,3IHYFRDTNKK5IHGFTHIKO6IJYGRDEAOAAK"

(—What the hell?—)

Yeah, I bet you guessed it already.

IT WAS A FREAKING PLATE OF SPAGHETTI! WHO THE HELL WOULD HAVE THAT FOR A GIFT IN WHITE ELEPHANT? Damn, was that specifically for him, or what?

(Pt 2 of this chapter soon. Sorry for the wait, and I know this is after Xmas, but it's Christmas Eve in the story)

✨forget I typed that (◕ᗜ◕)✨

689 words, wow.