Audition Day

Annabeth's POV

"Nope to the nope. I am not auditioning for the school play."

"Oh pleeaaaaase Annabeth it'll be so much fun. Plus you're like- a musical master." Piper protested. Piper had been my best friend since the 6th grade. She's always very outgoing and extroverted, where as I'm chill to watch her do her thing. In freshman year she roped me into helping out backstage. That was fine. I was able to do homework while handing props to various people.

 Apparently I was so good at doing that, Apollo the drama teacher, asked me to co-direct 'Dear Evan Hansen' with him. At first I was reluctant because, I wasn't sure I would be able to keep up with school. After the first couple rehearsals, I got really into it. I like being bossy okay? This year, Geode is putting on 'Tangled - a musical'.  Apollo asked me to co-direct and I happily accepted. Cut to the present moment, Piper, the most dramatic theater kid ever, was trying to get me to audition. 

"Annabeth you should totally do it. You already know your way around the stage." Hazel added. Hazel was another good friend of Piper and I.

"Not helping Hazel." I shot them both an annoyed look.

"Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase" Piper dropped to her knees in the middle of the science fiction aisle in the library, begging me to comply. 

"The fact I'm helping direct should be enough for you" Piper let out an exasperated sigh while Hazel giggled.

"There you guys are. I've been looking everywhere for y'all." Leo Valadez, a very interesting part of the friend group, who also hangs out with the 'popular' kids, approached our table. 

"Hey Leo." Piper greeted him, from the floor.

"Hey Pipe-" He took a second to analyze her. "Why are you on the ground?"

"She's trying to convince Annabeth to join the musical." Hazel told him. 

"Oooo. You should. You'd be perfect for Rapunzel. I'm auditioning for Maximus."

Piper, Hazel, and I all broke out into laughter. 

"You want to be the horse?" I choked out, trying to stop laughing.

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm not going to get Flynn cause Percy, Jason and Frank are all auditioning and they're way more attractive than I a-"

My laughter came to a stop very quickly. 

"What do you mean Slut, Jason, and Frank are auditioning?" 

"Dam Annabeth. Why so harsh on Percy?" 

"Shut up Piper. I have reasons." My reasons are that Percy Jackson is a man slut who sleeps with any girl that comes his way. It's gross. "Valadez, why are they auditioning?" 

"Percy is failing math, and Jason is failing history, so Coach Hedge told them they needed more extra credit so that if they completely fail those classes, they have enough credits to stay on the swim team."

"What about Frank?" Hazel piped in. Hazel has had a crush on Frank forever, it's not a surprise she's asking about him.

"Oh Frank is just there for emotional support. He's just gonna be in the ensemble. I think." 

"Oh okay." 

"Ugh. I'm fine with Frank and Jason but, Percy isn't going to take this seriously." I complained

"You know Annie, he might surprise you." Piper grinned

"Shut up McLean."

***********************************************************************************************