Honeymoons and Chocolate Syrup.

chapter 20

february 4th, 2001

february 4th, 2001

    Victoria was wearing a crew-neck, knitted sweater long sleeve top, with light blue jean pants, with light pink belt and a plain pearl necklace. She had her hair was in a long braid, it was curly so it made her hairstyle have character. Victoria had all of her bedroom things packed and in multiple boxes, she had been living in the attic for so long, she was so happy that she would have her own room. She had collected all her books, her pillows, sheets clothes and trinkets along with her kitchen knives (she kept them in her room so Lorelei wouldn't steal them). Finally, she had all her medals, ribbons and trophies all packed away with bubble wrap. Victoria's smile never faltered as she brought all her boxes down the stairs with the help of Luke (who was helping her move her things). "Where are you going?" Lorelei asked but before Victoria could respond, Luke jumped in.

    "We're putting all of her stuff into her new dorm. She's going to collage soon, Lorelei." Luke said as he carried the mattress into his truck before grabbing the door open for Victoria who smiled at her before they stopped at Emily's house. Victoria smiled at Luke and brought him inside as Emily and Richard were already inside with her collage acceptance (or rejection) lets on the table with a letter opener inside.

     "We were waiting for you both." Emily said with anxiousness in her voice. Victoria and Luke sat down across from them before Victoria cautiously took the letter with HARVARD on it. Victoria grabbed the letter opener and slipped it through the area within the paper before opening it cleanly.

    "You have been accepted into Harvard University," Victoria said as she smiled and grabbed Yale letter, "Dear Miss Victoria Manuela Gilmore you have been accepted into Yale University..." Victoria read off, before grabbing the Stanford University letter, "Miss Gilmore, we are pleased to announce that you have been accepted into our program." Victoria grabbed the letter with Tulane University's name on it, "dear Miss Gilmore, we are sorry to tell you that you have been rejected by Tulane University..." Victoria trailed off, "doesn't matter, I didn't want to really go there anyways. Thought get all my options open." Victoria said as Luke rubbed her back softly as she grabbed the envelope with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on it. "'Dear Miss Victoria Gilmore you have been accepted into Massachusetts Institute of Technology...' I've been accepted into MIT!" Victoria yelled as she hugged her family members before smiling wide.

"I just knew you could do it! I know how much you want to be an meteoriticist." Emily said, Victoria had spent half her childhood watching the comments and the stars. "Here we bought you a cake." Emily said, it was a slightly childish cake but it was "Congratulations" in big letters, it had a dinosaurs and a meteor on it, about to crash into the ocean.

"Oh thank you so much grandmom and grandpa!" Victoria said as she held them tight. "Thank you Luke so much for driving me leathery down here and helping me study!" Victoria said as Luke rubbed the back of his neck, which was covered by a baseball hat.

"I didn't really do much..." Luke said as Victoria brought him into a hug. Emily, knowing she'd regret that she didn't capture this moment in the future, she took a picture.

 Emily, knowing she'd regret that she didn't capture this moment in the future, she took a picture

☕️

march 7th, 2001

     Tristan and Victoria stood outside a large house that seemed to be straight out of a fairy tail, it looked nice (to Tristan's preference) and it was large and had a porch for Victoria (she wanted to smell the snow when it came). It was big enough plot of land for Victoria and Tristan to have kids one day, something both of them wanted. Victoria could see tiger lilies and tulips in the garden (Tristan's little surprise got Victoria), and most of all it had a door mat that red, 'THE GILMORE FAMILY'. Emily and Ellie had designed the whole thing, with light blues, and whites in mind. They couple adored it so much, they had knew this place would be their home. A place with acceptance, love, respect and information.

March 17th, 2001

March 17th, 2001

Victoria sat in her new bathroom. He hands were shaking and she was holding a stick. A stick with a blue cap and a section with words 'yes' on one side and 'no' on the other. At least that's how she simplified it into her head, she didn't want to read the words on the box a second time. She had gone to self check out so there was no problem with getting embarrassed at the grocery store. She was lucky that she loved just outside a big city where she could still go to a city store without having to live in a small town. Hesitantly, Victoria looked down at the stick in her hand. Adrenaline was running through her body and her eyes were ringing. The silence was deafening, it was louder than the subtle dripping noise of the faucet that was almost fully closed and the lingering noise of the toilet that seemed to go on for at least five minutes. Silence was louder than the saddle tip-tap of her foot hitting the black and white tile floor and it was louder than the sound of water dropping onto the floor from her own sweat. Victoria could feel her mind going from 'what if's' to thinking they were fact, she tried to tell herself it was just her imagination that the door was creaking ever so slightly forward or that the floor had a shadow that wasn't hers. She was spiraling. She could feel her tear ducks start buzz with water filling them up and her eyes started to gloss over, her breath hyped up and she dropped the stick. The noise was as loud as a bomb and as silent as a mouse. Victoria's breathing picked up and she closed her eyes.

 Victoria's breathing picked up and she closed her eyes

HAPPY 2024!
Here's a little gift for ya'll.
Also, what do you think is
happy to Victoria?