𝟭.𝟬𝟭

a/n:
just a quick reminder that anything written in italics is a thought a character has.

a/n:just a quick reminder that anything written in italics is a thought a character has

▁ ▂ ▅ ▇ █ 𝗪𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀! █ ▇ ▅ ▂ ▁

Iris found herself trapped in a mind-numbing state of boredom, as the solitude of jail proved to be too isolating. Her thoughts were in disarray, and she longed for a change of scenery. The only respite from her confinement came in the form of earth skills class, which she initially deemed pointless, considering the grim prospects of survival on the earth for at least a few more decades. Nevertheless, she paid attention to the class, as there was simply nothing better to occupy her time.

Iris found solace in her daily exercise routine, determined not to let her physical strength wane. Each day, her workouts served as a means to maintain her sanity and divert her attention from the troubles of her past.

The lights turned off in her room, meaning that it was night, so the girl started walking towards her bed, she was caught off guard when her door was forcefully flung open. Intrigued , she halted her movements, glancing at the unexpected visitors. It made no sense for her door to be opened at this hour.

"Prisoner 129, face the wall, please," requested the taller of the two guards, carrying a metallic .

"Why? I'm not eighteen yet. You must have the wrong person," Iris questioned, her confusion evident as she had recently turned seventeen and wasn't meant to be floated yet.

"Just face the wall and extend your left arm," the other guard interjected, forcefully pushing her against the wall near her bed while activating his electric baton as a warning.

Reluctantly complying, Iris pressed herself against the wall, extending her left arm, wincing as she felt the needles of the wristband puncture her skin.

"What's happening? Can you please explain?" Iris inquired, seeking answers from the two guards as they escorted her outside. However, neither of them offered any response, leaving her in a state of further uncertainty.

Once beyond the confines of her cell, Iris noticed the orchestrated chaos unfolding as underage prisoners were ushered from their rooms, each with the same wristband that now adorned her own wrist.

"I'll take it from here," a new voice cut through the disarray, snapping Iris out of her thoughts. Recognition sparked as she heard her father's voice, a reassuring presence in the midst of uncertainty.

As the two other guards departed, Ethan spoke with a hushed urgency, guiding Iris away from prying ears. "Hi, Riri. Don't talk much; we can't seem suspicious."

"Dad, what's going on? Are they gonna float us?" Iris queried, a mix of worry and newfound calm in her voice now that her father was by her side.

"You're being sent to Earth, a hundred of you," Ethan replied, his words carrying a weight that mirrored the gravity of the situation. He continued leading Iris toward the looming dropship.