OVERVIEW

COMING WINTER 2015: AN ORIGINAL SCI-FI WORK BY ackerman-inc

For a while, I've been debating whether or not to branch away from fanfictions, and actually begin working on an original piece that exemplifies my interests and passions. In "The Resurrection of Eve," one will most likely take notice of futuristic and dystopian elements, the latter of which was commonly showcased in my Erwin x OC fanfiction, "Contemptuous Arrest."

The Resurrection of Eve is a sci-fi romance/drama that centers around two diverse main characters who happen to intertwine in a series of events pertaining to the societal values of Indocromia. Oliver Rigsby, commonly referred to as Ollie, is a young man who enlists in the investigator rookie program at the Robotic Institutions of Creation (RIC), and is torn between his duty as an officer of the law when he meets Mae'rin, a compressor android working as a hostess at the underground brothel, Resonance, in Kachleen. Charmed by her silent curiosity and bizarre compassion for their festering world, Ollie must make the decision on whether to save Mae'rin from her harsh environment, or uphold his position and serve justice to those maintaining Resonance. A whirlwind of perilous situations pits the two against the despondent world enveloping them, as well as the looming presence of the ambiguous, ironclad government commanding Indocromia.

The concept of mortality and morality is questioned in this work, as well as the most underlying message of the story, "What is the meaning of life, and who deserves it?" The Resurrection of Eve plays on religious concepts, utopian ideals, fraudulent systems, the roots of poverty, and how people contribute to society in both positive and negative ways. If these aspects interest you or intrigue you to research more into them, then I highly suggest you check out this original work when it's published in Winter !

-

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to drop them in the comments section after finishing this overview! Credit goes to hitomi 90 for drawing the lovely concept art for Mae'rin included in this overview as well.