Chapter 1: The New School

(A/N Hey guys, I decided to make a new story! I hope you like it!)  

Chapter 1:

Avalon's POV  

I woke up as the light from outside the window came in. but there was something weird about the light, because it seemed more like flashes. Wait, FLASHES??!! I opened my eyes more to see a bunch of paparazzi ponies in my window. I growled, slammed my curtains shut, and got out of bed. I hate the paparazzi so much; they would never leave you alone. You see, my mother is Rainbow Dash, an elite member of the prestigious Wonderbolts group, the best flyers in all of Equestria. Since she was so famous, I never got any privacy, EVER! I always wondered what it was like to have a normal family.

I sighed and got ready for my first day to my new school. Because of my mom's career, we never got to settle down in one town. We have moved like 5 times, and I always had to go to different schools, which was awful. I never got to make friends, and I was always lonely. And It didn't help that she was married to Soarin', another Wonderbolts member. I carried my backpack downstairs, and to no ones surprise, neither my mom or dad were there. They had to leave early for training, so I was on my own. I didn't mind much, since I was used to it, but it would be nice if they were here to see me off. I ate a bowl of hay, filled my pack with lunch, my new books, pencils, and extra paper.

Now that I was prepared, I got ready to fly out of the house and soar to school as fast as I could. Being one of the Wonderbolts daughter, I had pretty strong wings and I was fast. I prepared for take off, and then ran out. I opened and closed the door really fast, and I was faced with the paparazzi. I took off as fast as I could, and soared above the clouds. My white coat shown in the sky, almost camouflaging me, and my sky blue mane streaked with dark blue swished in the wind. My light blue eyes shimmering with excitement. I don't have a cutie mark, so of course people tease me about it. I never mind them though. Who needs a cutie mark?

Ponies would always ask if I would ever get my special talent and if I ever was going to be famous like my mom. This just made me feel worse and irritated. I didn't really like being compared to my mom, because I felt like I had to be just like her. I brushed this thought off as I saw the school's label in front of the school. The sign in gold letters said Ponyville Private School. My mom wanted me to go to private school because she said that I would be more at peace than a public school, although I have never seen the difference. I finally reached school just on time. As I walked down the halls, some ponies whispered and stared.

I rolled my eyes, because I was used to it, being the new girl or the daughter of an elite flyer. I went to my locker and unloaded my stuff and grabbed the stuff I needed. As I closed it, I spun around to see 3 ponies: 1 unicorn and 2 earth ponies. They looked older than me so I was guessing they were in the higher grades. They were standing right next to me, staring. I gave them a confused look until one of the earth ponies came forward. She had a pink coat, a white and purple mane, and blue eyes. Her cutie mark was a diamond tiara and she had a tiara on top of her perfect mane. She popped a huge pink bubble right in my face and she chewed her gum noisily.

"So, you're the new girl huh?" she asked. I don't know if it was my imagination but it sounded like she was being sarcastic. I nodded my head. "So then we need to teach you the rules here then. My name is Diamond Tiara," she started, but I cut her off. "Look, I don't need any pony telling me what to do and what not to do." I stated. She looked shocked and then she growled. "Look here, squirt, I am the head pony around here, I am one of the older kids, so if you do anything to me or my pals," she said, while pointing to a light red unicorn with a dark red and light red mane with a cutie mark of a ruby, and another earth pony with a gray coat, silver mane, and a cutie mark of a silver spoon, "I promise to Celestia that-" she was cut off by a Pegasus flying right in front of me.