♛ 29

"F-ck,'" I grumbled as I grabbed my wrapped up hand. I had just gotten into the gym a few minutes ago and I was ready for my daily workout session, but as soon as I hit the punching bag pain shot through my hand. Biting my lower lip harshly, I looked down at the swollen, and purple appendage. It was mostly covered with bandage wrapping so Arnie wouldn't jump on my case. I took two days off for everything to get back right, but it seemed like it was getting worse. Two days ago, I had punched a brick wall and choked my child's mother. It was obvious that I wasn't in my right state of mind. I didn't know what forced me to get so violent with Gloria.

It was so f-cking stupid of me. Ivo had to witness me choking his mother and now he was probably scared of me. If he wasn't, I knew Gloria didn't want a thing to do with me. She didn't want Ivo to have anything to do with me as well. I had showed a side of me that she had never seen before and she was going to stay away for her and her son's protection. I didn't blame her. The way I've been blacking out with anger lately wasn't healthy for me or the people around me. She was right for staying away before I did something that I truly regretted.

I rubbed my hand and sighed when I heard a voice from behind me. "Your hand isn't better, is it," Arnie asked me as he grabbed my shoulders and spun me around. I smacked my lips as he forcefully unwrapped my injured hand. When he saw what I was working with his eyes grew wide before he gave me a scorning look. "Maxim..."

"It's fine. It just stings a little here and there. It's not going to stop me from training," I told him as I snatched my hand from him. I began wrapping it back up with the bandage as I felt Arnie's stare still on me. "Look, I can't afford missing any more days in the gym. You know what Ronda Russ is doing right now!? She's training to beat my ass! She's watching videos of me, trying to find out a way to get me in her stupid ass arm bar, and I have to try to find a way to get out of it!"

Arnie's stare was fixated and serious. He had his hands on his hips as his brown eyes pierced my own. "You're going to the doctor. Make an appointment and see if it's okay for you to continue training. By the way it looks, I don't think it is. Beating up your hand even more is just going to make matters worse, Maxim." I looked down at my hand and grumbled a curse word to myself. Arnie was right. I had to get this checked out before it got any worse. Arnie must've seen the realization flash across my face. "Call me after you go to the doctor until then, get some rest," he told me before patting my shoulder.

I watched as Arnie walked away. He walked towards another aspiring fighter who was sparring with one of my people from my crew. No matter how much I wanted to train I had to grab my bag and leave. My hand wasn't in the right condition and I had no one to blame but me, myself, and my stupidity.

"Eight weeks," the doctor said the next day as he scribbled something on a clipboard. I stared at my stupid, black splint that was covering my right hand and most of my forearm with disbelief.

"Eight weeks!?"

"I advise you don't train for that amount of time. Use that time to maybe train in other ways than physically. I'm sorry, but I can't see this getting better in less than six weeks. Come back at six weeks and I'll let you know if it's alright to take it off for good. If it's not, I'll have to add those two more weeks on. Come back within a week for a checkup. Only take off your splint when you're showering or bathing? Got it?"

I grumbled and shook my hand at the doctor. He had to be wrong. Taking eight weeks off of physical training was going to kill me. That was a month and a half. My fight was barely three months away! After I got my hand together, I'd hardly have two months to train. This was f-cking stupid! "Are you sure that this will take eight weeks?"

"I am more than positive."

-

Here we have Maxim Nightingale, knocking the crap out of a reporter for calling her rehab incarcerated girlfriend a crack whore! Sure, the paparazzi deserved it but of course, Noxious was charged with 3rd Degree Assault and Battery. Her court date is unknown, but if found guilty she will most likely have to pay a hefty fine to the reporter and/or do the maximum of a year in county jail. The UFC has commented saying that the fighter's actions were reckless and unethical. Although, they didn't agree with Maxim's assault, they haven't shown any signs to cancel the upcoming Bantamweight Championship fight that she has with, title holder, Ronda Russ in just three months.