IX

"Pedri."

Sofia flinched as her sister stared back at her.

"Like, Pedri. Pedri. Pedri, the Barcelona player. Pedri."

"Yes, Pedri."

"You're going out with him." Sofia's dad said, sounding dumbfounded.

"Yes, is that so hard to believe?" Sofia replied, sounding slightly offended.

"No, of course not, Sof." her mum answered. "We're just a bit... Shocked, that's all."

"And you're moving to Spain."

"Yes, Dad."

"Now?"

"Well, in a week, yeah."

"This is just... All so sudden." her dad said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry I'm just kind of springing this on you guys, but I'm not passing up a job offer like this."

"No, no, we get it." her mum insisted. "I mean, you're twenty one, you can make your own decisions, haha, and this is an amazing opportunity."

"I'll think of you every time I see a post on the team's Twitter page." Isabelle added, and Sofia laughed.

"That's good to hear, Isa. Besides, you guys will have to come visit soon."

"Definitely." her dad agreed.

****

Sira Martinez had a large apartment nearby Barça's training centres. Her former roommate had moved a couple weeks ago, so Sofia immediately agreed when Sira suggested that she move in with her. It saved Sofia the trouble of having to look for a place to live.

Pedri and Pablo texted her almost as soon as she had landed.

Pedri: hi!

Pedri: how are you??

Pedri: how was your flight??

Pablo: stop bombarding her

Pedri: did sira pick you up from the airport yet

she said she'll be here in like two minutes

Pedri: ok

Pedri: we're coming back from training

Pedri: but we'll see you when you get to sira's

Pablo: yeah

ok

can't wait to see you guys!!

Sira arrived about ten minutes later, and the two of them drove back to her apartment together, with all of Sofia's luggage.

"We're planning on meeting up with Ferran, Pedri, and Pablo for dinner." Sira mentioned as she helped Sofia unpack her things.

"Okay, sounds good!" Sofia said.

And tomorrow, I'll be starting my new job...

A/N

super short chapter bc i've been travelling all week (and next week 😭). new part will hopefully be out soon.