07.

Harmony

"That man is not over you." Aaliyah states, leaning in closer to the mirror as she applies some mascara to her lashes.

"Leah, stop." I tut, looking at my outfit in the mirror.

"He has a girlfriend." I highlight.

"Okay and?" She looks back at me from the bathroom.

"He bought you food just to make sure you've eaten because he knows you wouldn't have."

"Don't even act like that's normal. After a whole year of no contact, he's gone and done that as if it's normal."

I shrug, fixing my hair in the mirror.

"It was out of habit." Even I don't believe that.

"Oh sure, because a year later it's still a habit to know your ex girlfriends eating patterns. Because that makes all the more sense." She scoffs, shaking her head.

"Can we just drop this. He's in a relationship. I'm happy as I am. Leave it." I say a little agitated. I just can't keep going round in circles about all of this. She hasn't shut up about him still being in to me since she brought me the food last night.

"Fine." She huffs, turning off the bathroom light and stepping out.

"You ready?" Aaliyah asks grabbing her purse from the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, let's go." I walk to the small coffee table in the room and grab Gio's gift that's on top.

Aaliyah grabs our key cards, slipping them into her purse and then walks out of the room, as I follow behind.

Gio's friends and family along with Chloe's family are all already in venue, when we walk in. Aaliyah and I do the rounds, saying hi to all of them and then we take a seat at one of the tables around the back, away from the dance floor, awaiting the couples arrival.

"I think the new colour schemes better. Makes more sense." Aaliyah looks around at the now black and gold coloured room.

"Yeah I think it makes more sense seeing as it's similar to the Dortmund colours. And, the pops of silver go really nicely." I agree.

"Just a shame I had to take back all of those lovely white and blue flowers to trade them." It was hell going back to that floristry. I walked right back down memory lane, the images of me and Jude popping into my mind the minute I stepped in.

"Oh shit." Aaliyah blurts out causing me to look at her.

"What?" I ask

She doesn't reply, just nods over at the other side of the room. I look over seeing what she sees.

Jude walking in the door, brunette on his arm who I assume to be his girlfriend. I didn't even know she was here. All this time. Why didn't her bring her to dinner? Why didn't he introduce her to all of us?

I watch him do the rounds, his hand intertwined with hers as he says hello to Gio and Chloe's family and friends. I watch as he gently pulls her forward, in front of him, hand on the small of her back as she introduces herself, shaking various hands and smiling.