Chapter Fifty

Chapter 50: 

Abhimanyu's POV:

Tonight Ishita gave me an opening to recreate memories from the past, upon reaching the restaurant I quickly excused myself and ordered the same things she was eating on the day I first gathered the courage to talk to her. She was sitting on the exact spot, with the same dish on the table, and lost in her thoughts.

I went outside to get a quick confirmation from my therapist, Disha. And was scared when she noticed that I came back from outside rather than the washroom but I didn't lie to her when I said I had to make a call. I might not be able to say everything to her right now but I cannot lie to her.

When she ordered my usual pani puri with meetha (sweet) paani without me telling her gave me hope that she have memories of us stored somewhere in the safe space of her heart.

This hope of a future with her, a future where she loves me is enough for me to keep trying.

After a long tour of the house, including the theatre room where she made me promise her to watch a movie with her this weekend I made mental note of all the things that made her eyes sparkle which means she liked it, or caused her nose to delicately crinkle meaning she disliked it but don't want to say it out loud. Everything she didn't like will be replaced by the end of this week with something else until every little thing even a vase in this house makes her eyes sparkle.

I took her to my room at last and by the time we reached there, we were both 5 glasses of Wishkey down and mildly tipsy. Upon entering my room my heart beats faster, with her I feel like a teenage boy talking to his crush for the very first time. She has been here before but it still doesn't help to slow down my heartbeat.

She giggles when she notices the book she was reading the last time she was here. And the moment her gaze turns to bed she goes silent and heat flushes to her cheek making her blush. I remember the way I landed on top of her and how much I wanted to kiss her and then in the morning when she was all but lying on top of me embarrassed and trying hard to leave without waking me up.

"How come I don't have a TV in my room"

"We can fix that first thing tomorrow if you want"

"No, I don't want to waste my salary on a TV"

"No one said you'll be paying for it"

"Rich ass" I hear her mutter under her breath

"I don't want a TV in my room," she says loudly this time, in a voice that means the end of the discussion so I don't force her

"The TV in the living room is better anyway." she adds

"Or you can just move into this room, then you'll have a TV in your bedroom without buying one."

She rolls her head back and laughs taking it as a joke.

"Are you asking me to move in with you?" she says in between her laughter.

"Oh you are serious" she sobers up the moment she realizes that I am serious.

"I am serious" I confirm before continuing "I know this marriage didn't start the way it was supposed to and I am to be blamed for most in fact all part of it. But I like where we are now and I would love to wake up next to you. I want to share every sunrise and every sunset with you, with my sunshine. I want to make up for all my actions in the past and this is me taking a step in that direction, so what do you say? Will you?"

She looks shocked, hell even I am shocked. I agree that I wanted her in my room next to me especially since I realised my mistake but didn't want to pressure her into anything.

"I'll have control of the remote?" she says in a way that comes out as a question

"You'll have control of everything, whatever you want it's yours"

"I sleep on the left side of the bed"

"I'll sleep on the right side as long as I have you next to me"

"Okay"

"You'll have to be clear sunshine"

"Okay, I'll move into this bedroom with you"

Hearing the words come out of her mouth I all but jump in joy. I hug her with excitement and notice her go still for a second before she hugs me back. I have a strong urge to kiss her when we break the hug and turns out she has the same thing on her mind because she leans in and touches her lips on mine softly. And it was all I needed to deepen the kiss.

Author's Note:

I DEMAND VOTES

Alright, maybe "demand" was a tad dramatic, but let's be real—I'm here for the votes! 

Your support keeps me going, and I've been dropping hints in every chapter. Now, I'm just being straight-up—I NEED YOUR VOTES.

I've never been the demanding type, but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures, right? So, hit that vote button like it owes you money, and let's keep this story rolling. 

Coming up next, there's some spicy content, and trust me, writing steamy stuff is no joke. I'll need your encouragement through votes, comments, or even a follow to keep the creative fire burning.

Thanks for being awesome supporters!