Chapter 10

It had been almost a week and Draco hadn't missed a day. He forced me to eat, and I did, but sometimes, when he wasn't around or when he was downstairs, I'd go into the bathroom and start throwing up. It was the only way I could cope with eating so much without cutting myself, but I was really close to doing it. I couldn't control myself any longer. Sometimes, when I'd come out of the bathroom after throwing up, he'd suddenly be in the room and I'd always act like I'd been caught red handed, committing a crime. I was pretty sure that made him suspicious. He never mentioned it though.

That morning when we went down for breakfast, we found Narcissa waiting for us in the dining room as usual. "Good morning, Aurelia, are you feeling alright now? Have the pills you've been taking worked?" I don't know why but I felt a wave of emotion wash over me. My own mother had never asked me anything like this and hearing someone ask me if I was alright felt foreign. "I'm feeling better now, thank you for asking." I said politely. "That's good, dear. I wanted to ask you if you were up to doing some wedding planning." Narcissa asked. I was surprised that she was waiting until the last minute to plan the wedding but then I figured that they were rich and could probably get this done in a day if they wanted to, so I agreed, a little reluctantly because it's not like I was crazy about this wedding, and it was starting to get too real for me. The realization that I actually had to marry Draco was overwhelming, but I got through it, and we started to go through a binder that was full of wedding decorations. "Here, take your pill." Draco said while Narcissa and I were browsing through the book. He handed me the pill and some water, and I swallowed it. "Thanks." I said. Draco just nodded his head. "Oh, this is so exciting! My baby boy is going to be married soon." Narcissa exclaimed while looking at Draco. He had this exasperated look on his face, but I knew it was just for show. Deep down, he loved his mother. He walked away after the that to let us do our thing.

"Alright, so, we haven't planned much of the decorations yet and I want to ask you if you had a certain colour theme in mind." Narcissa asked. "I haven't really thought about the wedding to be honest, I thought everything had already been arranged." I said. "We wanted to ask your opinion, after all you're the one getting married. And nobody is available to start on the decorations until tomorrow so they asked us for the colour palette that we wanted today so they can get an advance look at it." She said. Narcissa and I continued browsing through the binder and I decided that I wanted the wedding's colour scheme to be lavender and white as they were some of my favorite colours. Narcissa looked delighted. "It'd look splendid, dear." She beamed. When Narcissa asked me if I wanted the same theme for the reception, I was a little dumbstruck for a moment. "We're having a reception?" I asked her. "Yes, we are, dear. Were you not aware?" She replied. "No, I wasn't. I thought it was just the wedding." I said. "Oh, no dear, we definitely have to have a reception. We have hundreds of people attending this wedding." She added. "Hundreds of people?!" I exclaimed in shock. "I thought it was just going to be a small gathering." I added. "I'm sorry we didn't inform you dear, but we have a large family and most of the death eaters and the dark lord will be wanting to attend. I know this isn't what you had in mind, but it's not really up to us." Narcissa said sympathetically.

"Alright." I hesitated but nodded my head. "I don't want the same colour scheme for the reception. I was thinking of more emerald and black shades, to match my house at Hogwarts, Slytherin." If I was being given the opportunity to control this, I would take it. There was no point in wasting something I could have an opinion in. I always loved my house. I thought that there was no better house to be sorted in. We had the best colours too. Emerald and black? You could count me in. "That would be perfect, dear." Narcissa replied enthusiastically.

For the next two hours, we looked at pictures of venues that Narcissa had shortlisted and ended up loving this beautiful outdoor place that was on a cliff, overlooking the ocean and had a reception hall right in front of it. It was perfect. I never thought that I could love a place so much. Narcissa was excited about my enthusiasm for the venue we selected but she mistook it as me being happy about the wedding. Obviously, I was not. Once we wrote to the venue, they sent a letter back and informed us that it, in fact, was available on the date we had requested and asked us to come by that day so we could discuss the decorations.

Narcissa insisted that we left the moment we got that letter, but it was almost noon and I suggested that we leave after lunch as I had to take my medication. She was a little disappointed but understood and reluctantly agreed. Once we had lunch, Draco, once again, came downstairs with my medication and water. "You know I am capable of eating my own tablets, right?" I asked him. "Yeah, I'm sure you can." He said before he left. I wasn't sure whether he was being sarcastic, or he really meant it. I shrugged it off and took my tablet. "Isn't Draco coming with us to help with selecting the decorations?" I asked Narcissa. "I asked him, but he said that it was completely up to you and that you should pick out what you like." She replied. "Oh." I said. "Alright then, shall we go now?" I asked her. "Of course." She said before we walked of the house and got into the car.

The ride to the venue wasn't very long, it took about 20 minutes for us to get there. The venue looked so much better than how it looked in the pictures; I was awestruck. I immediately fell in love with it. I was never allowed to go outside when I lived at my parents' house, maybe that was why I loved nature so much. Being cooped up inside allowed me to appreciate nature more. We looked at the reception hall and decided that even though it was quite small, we would be able to make it work. We confirmed our booking for the following week, and we sat down with one of the wedding planners the venue offered. She was delightful; I immediately loved her. She understood my vision perfectly. We talked about the flowers first and we made sure they were all shades of light purple, ranging from lavender and lilac to sunset purple and white. We decided to put a rose in a vase of different shades of purple on each table, with white tablecloths, as decor.

Being with Narcissa really lightened my mood and she somehow managed to turn my initial dread into slight excitement for the wedding. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all. Narcissa and I decided to check out some dresses before we went home so once we confirmed everything with the reception, we left to go find a wedding dress for me.

When we reached the first store, Narcissa made me try on a number of dresses she picked out for me, none of which I liked. She gave me the liberty of choosing my own dress, which I intended to take full advantage of. I looked through the racks and found nothing that fit my expectations. After a while of this, Narcissa came to me, holding the most gorgeous dress I'd ever seen. It was quite big, had multiple layers of beautiful white lace with intricate designs of flowers and a sheer lace corset top with a sweetheart neckline with off the shoulder netted sleeves. It was the one. I immediately tried it on and fell in love with it. Narcissa was right there with me. We both adored the dress. It fit perfectly, like a glove and didn't need any alterations so we bought it right then and there. We walked home, happily and full of glee. Who knew dress shopping could be so fun when you're with the right person?

When we got home, Narcissa took the dress with her so she could hide it from Draco. I went up to Draco's room and he greeted me from his place on the bed. "How did the planning go?" He asked. "It went pretty well; we found this gorgeous venue that I absolutely fell in love with, and we even picked out a wedding dress for me." I said, radiating glee. I was not expecting to feel this good about wedding shopping, but somehow, Narcissa had made it bearable. "Alright, I take it you had fun then?" He asked. "Sure, you could say that." I replied, tamping down my excitement. I walked over to the bed, and I sat there for a moment, to take some weight off my feet. Narcissa and I had been gone a long time and we hadn't sat down once. My feet were in agony. I made the mistake of going in heels, which made the entire experience worse.

I winced as I stretched my feet, which Draco noticed. He scooted closer to me and pulled my feet up on his lap and casually started massaging them without a word. Yeah, it was nothing, just my former bully massing my feet, happens every day. I tried to tell him to stop, and that I was okay, but he wouldn't let up. I gave up and let him continue but it didn't take much convincing on his part, I was in a lot of pain. He and I sat there in silence, and it was safe to say that we both didn't mind it at all.