🏒 1. what if we cross the line?🏒

"Aaaand here they go! Melting ice like they always do when they have the puck on their sticks!"

"You are right, Jerry! This duo has been unbelievable for years. Just to think about the idea of one of them being traded to a different team sends shivers down my spine. What do you think?"

"It is very unfortunate that the trade might be indeed happening, Tim. But money's money, and Kimhan Theerapanyakul has become too good, therefore too expensive to afford for the Night Riders. But if we feel upset about it, imagine his best friend."

"Talking about the devil, look at him! Kittisawat is moving like a flash. There he goes, Jacobs hasn't even seen him, and... oh... oh... this looks like it's gonna be... is this forward versus goalie? Forward versus goaaaalie... Kittisawat shoots... HE SCORES!"

❄️🧊⛸️

Kim is watching the puck on its way into the net. He knows that it will end there. It always does when Chay is the one shooting. His best friend is fucking incredible! A Houdini on skates! That's how amazing he is. Kim sometimes goes to the lengths of calling Chay the new Gretzky just to piss Chay off. Chay was never a Gretzky guy; he is more of a Lemieux guy, and that's what makes it so fun.

The arena erupts into a hurricane of cheers and chanting and Kim grins, "fuck yeah!" He skates right after Chay who is already celebrating his goal with his hands high up and that breathtaking smile on his lips. Kim skates right up to him and wraps his arms around Chay's waist, lifting him up and turning both of them around once, twice, three times, before he puts Chay back down.

Chay shakes his head, laughing as his other teammates hug him as well, "I'm convinced you are using this to show off how strong you are!"

Kim shrugs, "maybe, but look at them," he looks at the screaming fans, "they love it!"

"They loved me scoring the goal, Kimmy," Chay chuckles and skates back on the bench; Kim right after him.

"Chay?"

"Hmm?"

"About the trade—"

Chay grabs a bottle of water and doesn't even look at Kim, "don't ruin this game, okay?!"

Kim presses his lips into a thin line and nods. Looking at the timer, there are just five seconds to go anyway.

Heck, if he could, he would stay. He wouldn't think even a second about it. But Ice Warriors are only twenty minutes away from his mother, and she needs him now more than ever before. She is all alone with his ill grandfather, and Kim just can't leave her to take care of everything alone. This will be fine, he will have to change the team, but he isn't giving up on his dream. He looks at Chay... but maybe he is losing one.