CHAPTER - 7

The two boys conversed with ease, their words flowing freely as they chatted away. A vibrant twitch danced at the corner of their lips, which soon stretched into a never-ending smile. They spoke without fear of being exposed or judged at any point in time.

Luka had almost teared up looking at the sadness that Nobita's face held when he confessed to him how invisible he felt. It was as if his presence didn't matter to anyone, he longed to be seen and identified; something he never had been, since childhood.

Luka tried to reassure him by continuously patting his back and giving side hugs to him.

To Nobita, life started making sense. He felt that maybe existing isn't that bad after all and that sometimes what brings out the beauty in life is not your popularity or the number of vacation homes you have but the few people who try to understand you. 'People like Luka' he thought. 

'Thank you' he uttered, responding to Luka's gesture. To which Luka only smiled and stared into his orbs lovingly and Nobita, he- was nothing but lost in the vast ocean that Luka's eyes held.

They were enveloped by warmth; all they could feel was pure pleasure.

-----------

"Hey!" 

"What?"

"Wanna get out of here?" I yelled softly into Nobita's ears as he stared at me perplexed.

"You think Takeshi will let us?" he whispered sparing a glance to Takeshi, who was singing without a care in the world.

"Who cares about Takeshi's will ? Besides don't you worry. I bet he won't even notice that we're gone" I reassured.

"I don't wanna risk it and I suggest you to stay here too. You don't know what that gorill-Ahem-I mean Takeshi is like" he said in all seriousness.

"Come on, you talk as if he is running a mafia or something and he indeed is a gorilla. A dissonant one at that" I joked.

"Trust me he is worse. You have some ears Luks seeing how you caught that gorilla" He laughed and proceeded to compare Goda to a gorilla. 

He even went as far as to say that it would be an insult to gorillas to call Takeshi one. Even King Kong had better singing skills than he did.

*chuckle* 

I enjoyed listening to Nobita's rants about this and that, but my mind couldn't help but wander. I couldn't stop thinking about the moment he called me by a nickname he had chosen for me - 'Luks'. It was the cutest thing, but he didn't even realize he had done it.  If I were at home, I'd probably be laughing like a maniac right now.

A soft whisper pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Luka" he whispered hesitantly, tugging at the corner of my sleeves.