Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I pulled back from the hug and looked around, "Where did Amanda go?"

"She walked out that way," Zach said pointing towards the cafeteria doors, "She said something along the lines of bathroom?"

I nodded and slid Amanda's tray in front of me, taking the other half of her sandwich and taking a bite out of it. Once I finished that I saw a cupcake and took a big bite out of it.

I saw Zach out of the corner of my eyes smiling and looked over at him.

"You're cute," he said.

I smiled, some crumbs from the cupcake falling out of my mouth. I looked down at the crumbs on my lap and brushed them off. Zach chuckled and I looked back up at him.

"What?" I asked once I swallowed the remaining crumbs in my mouth.

"I got something for you," He said smiling.

I jumped up and down in my seat, "What is it!?"

He laughed at me and pulled something from behind his back. A piece of chocolate cake. I squealed and hugged him before grabbing the cake and the fork he was holding. I dug into it and shoved it into my mouth.

Once I finished the piece of cake I looked over at him, "How did you know I liked chocolate cake?"

"You seem to forget about at camp when you tied me and the Chris's shoes' together and took the whole chocolate cake only to come back a little while later for more."

I laughed and blushed, "Oh yeah."

The bell rang signaling that lunch was over. I sighed and we walked off to class, hand in hand.

Zach and I walked into the classroom and everyone turned silent, staring at us. What was with them?

I looked at Zach with a confused look; he just shrugged and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I sat down and class started. But once again I zoned out, and jumped when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Lexi, we have to start our projects," Zach said.

I looked at him in confusion, and he chuckled, "You weren't listening were you?"

I shook my head sheepishly, "It's basically a free project; you can make anything, as long as it's done by the end of the week."

I nodded and started towards the paper. I grabbed a sheet and a pencil. I sat back down at my table and stared off at the wall.

I wonder where Amanda went at lunch. I know Zach told me she went to the bathroom but I just don't have a good feeling about it.

It was the end of the day and I felt sick to my stomach. Something wasn't right. I hadn't seen Amanda once since lunch, and I was starting to freak out.

I stood by Amanda's locker with Zach waiting for her. And we have been waiting for a good 20 minutes.

"Zach, I don't think she's coming," I whispered.

He looked at me in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I haven't seen her since lunch," I said, "I always see her in the hall and talk to her, always."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "Let's go home and see if she's there first, we can go from there," He said.

I nodded and we walked out the door, getting in my car and heading to my house.

Opening the door I smiled at my mom who was sitting on her laptop at the kitchen table.

"Hi Lexi, Zach," She said smiling at both of us.