Chapter 1: Windswept Pursuits

I wanted to take the time to make a point about this book more clear. As stated in the description, this book's original title was "Aus Der Traum." Naturally, the entire plot was rewritten to better fit the Fantasy genre. The old plot didn't quite live up to its genre, as I mentioned in the announcement I've provided, but I'm sure this amended version will do just well. Although the language in the original version is displayed in English, the characters are speaking German. It's like watching an anime with English subtitles but with the characters speaking in their original tongue. For the convenience of my primarily English-speaking audience, this is also the case. And with that, I'm pleased to reintroduce this book.

With best wishes,
ThatLittleCreature

With best wishes,ThatLittleCreature

April 5, 1925

April 5, 1925. Quedlinburg, Germany.

THE MELLOW WARMTH of the rising sun slowly enveloped the town of Quedlinburg, warming the surrounding countryside. The morning light came through a single window in a small house tucked away in the town and fell on the face of a small boy who was fast asleep. The boy's face was directly in the direction of the sun's rays, which were unaffected by the curtains or blinds and created a golden path across the room.

The youngster groaned softly as he hesitantly opened his eyes to the unwanted intrusion of dawn, his tranquil dreams gently disrupted. This practice was nothing new, despite the annoyance; it was a typical sign of the day to come. He was both annoyed and resigned when he answered the morning call, realizing that this day, like many others before it, required his attention. He muttered under his breath, wishing wildly that the unrelenting brightness would go away, knowing that some things were easier said than done.

Meinrad's sudden awakening had nothing to do with the sound of footsteps arriving from outside or background noise from his brother and sister's shared bedroom. Rather, it was the persistent tapping on his bedroom door that drew him out of sleep. He was startled into consciousness by the boom that reverberated in his ears.

“Meinrad? Meinrad?” came the voice from the other side of the wooden door, echoing through the room with repeated raps. Meinrad chose to remain silent despite being completely aware, a conscious decision to pretend to be partially awake. Like every child who is reluctant to face the day, all he wanted was to spend a little longer under the blankets, cocooned in the comfort of slumber. However, Meinrad's situation was unique, and he was unable to afford the luxury of a protracted break.