11

As a thought runs across my mind I throw off the cover " where is the dog is she okay ?  " . Aaron and Xander's eyes meet and Xander nodds  . " Uhm it's okay ... it has a fractured bone but the vet took care of it , the dog is resting " . I exhale a relived breath . " Clara ? " I look to Aaron and tilt my head " Yes ? "
He runs a unsettling hand through his hair " Why didn't you tell me you found Juliette ? "
" I was going to eventually , but - "
" You should have just told me because Anderson wants to see her now , and you know what that means "
I drop my head backwards and breathe a sharp breath "I'm sorry Aaron "
He stands up from his chair " Well , I need to get to Anderson . Xander is your new bodyguard he will be by your side 24/7 "
He leaves without saying another word , I look to Xander playing with a ring on his finger . " How long was I out for ? "
He looks up and smiles " 3 days " . I spit out the water in my mouth " 3 what ? " . He nodds and I run a hand through my hair .

I'm back in my bedroom , I just took a long bath and did a full on skincare routine and washed my hair . I open my cotton sheets and sit in my bed , I feel a presence and look up . I'm startled by Xander in the corner of my room . I put my hand on my heart and exhale . " Sorry about that Madam Warner "
" No , no it's fine soldier . It's something I need to get used to "
I look at my trembling hands " Well goodnight "
I say shutting down my side lamp , tossing and turning into my bed under the covers and drift off to sleep .

" No dad " , I hear a giggle from my childhood bedroom while playing with my dolls . I get up and walk over to the living room . Aaron is sitting on Anderson's lap searching his pockets . I see my 5 year old self smile the biggest smile I can manage through my gap teeth and glasses  . " Are you two having fun ? " I ask . Anderson shoots me a look and my smile immediately fades . Warner jumps from Andersons lap over to me and hugs me . " Its okay sissy , go to your room I'll be there in a while " .
" Aaron " Anderson calls from his chair . He looks over at him . " Leave your sister we have business to attend " . He nodds at Anderson and shoots me a sorry look . I turn around walk down the hallway upstairs past Aaron's bedroom to mine until I hear heavy breathing coming from my parents bedroom . I open the door and I see mommy on the bed her chest heaving up and down . I climb onto her bed and I accidentally wake her up . She sits up against the headboard and cradles me into her arms  " Hello little one " she says so gently . " Hi mommy " I say sitting on her lap . " What's wrong my love ? " she asks
" I just came to see if you are okay , you were breathing very loudly , did you have a nightmare ? "
She laughs a little " I'm okay little Clara " she kisses my temple and winces as she holds my small body to her chest and holds my head under her chin . Before I could ask her if she's okay , the door bursts open

" Leila ! " Anderson calls and looks over at me and mommy . His eyes are blazing with rage he yanks me from my mother's arms . " How many times have I told you not to touch her you are killing her ! " he holds me up by one arm spanking me . " I'm fine Paris " , she says getting up out of breath . But her body is red from where I touched her it looks like carpet burn Anderson turns to me pointing at my mom " Do you see that Clara , that is your fault you did that ! " . " Is it true mommy ? " I ask my eyes glassy and throat stinging . " No sweetheart , will you and Aaron make us a snack ? " . I look at her and nodd even though I know I did that , I go out of their bedroom looking for Aaron but he's bolting up the stairs . " What's wrong what's happening ? " he asks holding onto my shoulders . We hear muffled shouts from their room . " She's five Paris !  " I hear mommy shout .
" That doesn't mean she can touch you Leila , I'm doing what's best for all of us "
Aaron and I both look at each other listening to their fight .
" You can't keep punishing Clara for being alive , it's not her fault we brought her into this world . "
" Clara was never in the plan Leila "
" What do you want me to do ? "
" We can wipe her memory and put her up for adoption , Maximallian and Evie wouldn't mind testing it on her "
" Paris are you insane ! This is your own daughter you are talking about ! "

I wake up to those harsh words from my childhood , I'm not even safe in my sleep anymore . I scratch the sleep out of my eyes . I get out of my bed get my gym clothes and get dressed . I come out of my bathroom my hair in a high ponytail a black sports bra and black leggings with sneakers . I'm applying chapstick when I see Xander  looking at me jaw on the floor and blushing red . " Do you mind ? " I say a bit rudely. 
" I - I'm sorry , w-what happend on your back " Oh , my eyes widen and I'm now flustered I grab my long sleeved shirt and throw it on I don't meet his eye . " You weren't supposed to see that "