chapter three

DARK SECRETS.
chapter three — ICY BLUE IRIS'S
"her warm eyes gazed into his cold ones
seeing a battling storm within them,
to which only she noticed."

 • ☆

. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

SO FAR VALENTINA WAS FITTING IN RATHER WELL IN DAUNTLESS DESPITE HER PREVIOUS STATUS BEING A STIFF. she reunited with her brother, quickly formed friendships with fellow transfers as well as some of the dauntless born. though the only thing most important to her was being with four again. it seemed like the right sign to transfer to the same faction he did two years ago, not knowing this is where he left to. seeing him again, being where he was without knowing, all of this made sense to her. she was meant to be dauntless.

her mind kept wandering to a certain blue eyed leader with two black studs above his right eyebrow and in his ears. part of her hated for finding him attractive. all of this was so foreign to her. she's never found anyone remotely attractive before, nor has she found some form of interest in someone. the warnings from uriah and lynn played in the back of her mind but it also added to her interest in the leader.

she very much well knew he was dangerous. his constant stoic expression, void of any emotion in his cold blue eyes, represented that clearly. the way he carried himself, rough all over the edges and in his stern approaches to everyone, he was definitely not one to be messed with. and that alone gave her the urge to test that theory. she wanted to see how far she could push him and if he was really as ruthless as everyone made him seem. of course the way people immediately avoided him and turned in fear whenever he was around must've meant something. especially with the rumors she's been told, if they were true, then she could understand why he was dangerous.

except she wanted to look deeper than that. no one is just that cold hearted and merciless. not one person can just no care or regard for anyone or anything else in the world... can they? unless he was really as sadistic as people said he was and she was reading everything entirely wrong. but she wanted to see if for herself and that's what she was going to do one way or another. though she can only imagine what he brother may do if he found out. he was already over protective enough of her, she didn't want to risk any drama stirring in her new environment.

trying to get any sleep for her first night in dauntless was quite the challenge. she didn't feel entirely comfortable sleeping in a room with multiple people, especially with boys in the mix. the dormitory was rather freezing as the dauntless compound was mainly underground. the cots they were forced to sleep in her was nearly painful and the blanket provided wasn't enough to keep her warm. not only was she uncomfortable but eric's dangerous glare on his face was all she could see. his look alone was enough to tell her no one has ever defied him nor backtalk him before. she wasn't sure if it was a good thing to be the first one to do so.