Chapter 6: you are not like her

Authors note: i feel so bad for not posting there's just a lot going on with school and the holidays. i'm gonna try to get another chapter out before the end of the day though, whether that happens? idk but love yall and enjoy💗

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlies POV:

I just hit my daughter on the arm...what in the fuck is wrong with me?? We are both on the floor crying and i hear footsteps coming up the stairs, one i know is nick and the other, i can only assume is Sarah. I want to compose myself but i can't. all i can think is that im turning into my mother. This makes me ball my eyes out even more.

Nick opens the door and colette runs to him.

Colette: "dada hurt! hurt dada! hurt!"

Nick looks down at her to see the giant red mark i put on her arm and knowing i put that mark on her breaks me even more.

Nick looks concerned and angry. he just looks at me and picks up our daughter.

Nick: "i'm going to take care of her and mum wants to talk to you. we will talk later tonight."

He walks out with our daughter still sobbing. ha, twins. i'm sitting on the floor curled in a ball crying.

I feel sarah bump me as she sits down next me and she gives me a side hug, rubbing my shoulder.

Sarah: "i know exactly how you feel."

Charlie: "i hit my kid. i didn't want to. i just-i didn't want her to grow up saying that in school... im-im just like jane."

Sarah: "no, you have never been like that horrid woman. besides we've all done something stupid as new parents. it's so hard knowing how to parent your children"

Charlie: "did you ever hit nick?"

Sarah: "oh yes plenty of times. Did i enjoy it? never. but its so hard to know what to do in the moment. I would let him call down and apologize. then we'd hug, kiss and play a game."

I sit in silence and i guess i've stopped crying.

Sarah: "one good thing about it is that she will never remember this."

She laughs slightly and so do i.

Charlie: "do you think Nick is mad?"

Sarah: "no, probably just a little surprised..."

Charlie: "alright lets do apologize to both of them"

Sarah: "if that's what you want! i'm on your side and you know that"

Charlie: "i love you so much mum"

We both stop moving and i take in a breath. I've never said that to her before. Did i step too far?

I finally look at her and she's tearing up.

Sarah: "oh charlie you know i love you too"

We hug and after a few moments we get up so i can apologize

(Downstairs with nick and Colette)

Colette was at the table coloring with a big smile on her face with nick at the counter.

Sarah: "Colette darling come here!"

She scrambles off the chair but sliding in her little belly and onto her feet, adorable.

She runs to 'mimi' and I crouch down next to sarah

Charlie: "Sweetheart, i am so sorry. I didn't want to do that but you said a nasty word and we never say that in this house."

She nods

Charlie: "but you know i love you"

She smiles and pats my knee

Colette: "Love papa!!!"

She wraps her little arms around my neck and holds on tight. I pick her up and the rest of the night was great!