𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ━━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐭

Third person POV 

Lexie has always hated much above life and grown up with one constant emotion. Wrath. But, in these times, it's larger than usual. Because it's Christmas Eve in a few days. She's not much for holidays or emotions. But Christmas is the worst of it all for her. 

"Lexie?" Caitlin speaks up softly. 

Lexie glances up, seeing Caitlin enter the med-room where she sits. She sits on the hospital bed in the med-room, enjoying the solitude. But she doesn't mind Caitlin's presence. It could have been worse. It could have been Barry Allen. 

"I do not like Christmas. I hate it. I hate company, emotions, and people. To me, it's utterly meaningless." Lexie retorts emotionlessly, speaking the plain truth. 

Caitlin smiles softly. "Then why do you go through it?" 

"For my brother. He likes it, for unknown reasons. And so does my father, or used to. Since his wife, my mother, died, he does not quite enjoy holidays as he used to. But we both do it anyway. For Teddy." Lexie explains emotionlessly, her tone void of emotion. 

Caitlin nods slightly, smiling gently. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie's moment of solitude and silence is interrupted by Barry who speeds inside the Cortex. She inhales sharply to keep her temper under control before walking out of the med-room and into the Cortex, seeing Barry smile widely at her. She's just surprised that his wide and large smile hasn't cracked his face yet. 

"Merry Christmas. Uh, just a small token of my gratitude for everything you guys have done for me." Barry speaks as he hands out Christmas presents. 

"I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues and children when I say you've been a gift for us, Barry." Wells speaks.  

Lexie glares emotionlessly. "The only thing he's been is a repulsive gift. A gift nobody wishes for. Keep your gift. Your pathetic attempt to win us over has failed, Allen." She speeds out of the Cortex. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Barry questions quietly. 

Caitlin shakes her head. "No, um-" 

"Lexie hates holidays. She always has. Even before her mother died." Wells speaks up in a matter-of-fact tone before rolling out of the Cortex to go find his daughter. 

Barry exhales before turning to Teddy with a confused frown. "Aren't you gonna follow him and go to your sister?" He questions. 

"No. It isn't my business. It's a father-daughter bonding moment. Or my father's attempt at bonding. Lexie doesn't exactly like bonding." Teddy speaks. 

Barry nods slightly. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie stands in the Time Vault, looking through records of the future with the help of Gideon. The only place where she can truly be alone and experience utterly solitude. And she enjoys the moments of solitude. She doesn't get much with her father and brother being around all the time. And definitely not with Eddie Thawne having her phone number. 

Wells rolls in and the door closes behind him. Lexie is aware of his presence, finding herself irritated as she knows he's gonna try to have a heart-to-heart which she doesn't desire to have any part of, but doesn't acknowledge him.