Chapter~6 Brother's death

I woke up finding myself in an unknown room

I woke up finding myself in an unknown room. I was having a bad headache and my body was tremendously paining. I tried getting up when I heard a voice,
"Wait. You're still weak. Drink this hangover drink along with this medicine. Then we'll talk."

Not being in my right senses, I took the glass in my hand and drank it all in 1 gulp along with the medicine. Then after 5 silent minutes, I started feeling a little concious and sat straight on the bed lifting my head to see the person in front of me.

Rudraksh was leaning against the wall with his arms folded against his well built chest. I looked at him with a questionable look while my expressions naturally turned cold. He understood that I wanted answers.

"Before you start taking out your assumptions, I didn't take any advantage of yours while you weren't in your right state.", he said calmly.
"Tell from the beginning from where I need to know.", I said coldly.

"Alright so I guess you remember well when you went out of the venue searching for Rishabh?". I nodded my head in agreement and he continued.
"You fainted as soon as you saw police around his dead body. Then the complete area was sealed and many people are under investigation. And after some it, one of them will be you too. When I saw everyone rushing off the place, I decided to bring you here. I talked to the police and brought you here but only at one condition. Be ready we need to leave for the police station. You'd still be under investigation."

"But clothes?"
"I have made all the arrangements. Go and get ready. I'm waiting down in the living room."
I was about to get up from the bed when he came near me, held my hands and said,
"And Mia, I'm sorry. I really didn't do it intentionally but right now I'll not give you any explanations. But I promise, one day I'll tell you everything. I'll not force you on that day to stay. It'll be completely your decision."

Without responding, I took my hand out of his grip and made my way towards the washroom.

I was unknowingly thinking something while looking myself in the huge mirror right in front of me when I heard Aksh's voice,"Mia once you get ready, inform me. I'll get the car ready."
"I am ready. Just coming in 5 minutes."
"Alright I'm waiting for you downstairs."

Saying this he left from the room. Knowingly or unknowingly I was in my deep thoughts all the time. Sudden murder of Rishabh and then Aksh behaving like this with me startled me.

🐛🐛🐛🐛

During the ride

Rudraksh: Mia do you have any idea about this?
I heard him but I don't know why I kept silent. Should I tell him what I heard? Should I reveal this truth?
Rudraksh: Mia I'm asking you something. Do you know?
"No. I..I don't.", I said stuttering out of nervousness.
Rudraksh: Mia , what happened? Why are you so nervous?
He held my hand while saying this but I badly flinched. He immediately stopped the car and hugged me tightly. I don't know why but I hugged him back and cried my heart out.