mercy, part ii

After the All Valley, Hallie and her friends went to Applebee's for a celebration dinner. Hawk started a cheer, the other Cobras joining in as they clinked their glasses together.

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party," said Demetri, scooping up a nacho.

Hawk snatched the nacho out of his hands. "Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory."

"He gave moral support," Hallie said.

"Moral support, my ass," Hawk smirked.

"Well, then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp. Remember?" Demetri donned a robotic voice. "Demetri and Eli. Binary brothers!"

"Aww," Hallie smiled, chewing on a mozzarella stick. Aisha and Moon laughed.

"Hey," Hawk hissed at Demetri. "Cool it with the nerd shit, huh?"

"Hey, where's Miguel?" Moon asked. "Those wings are getting cold."

They looked around to spot him sitting a few tables away, glued to his phone.

"I'll go get him," said Hallie, standing up. Hawk followed her to Miguel's table.

"El serpiente, there you are!" greeted Hawk. Miguel looked up, clearly not in a good mood.

"Come on, Miggy. This is supposed to be a celebration," said Hallie, sitting down next to him.

Miguel looked down. "She blocked me."

"So, what happens when you get blocked?" Hawk said. "You counterpunch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time."

Hallie whacked Hawk on the shoulder.

"What, too soon?" He frowned. "Look, all I'm saying is don't give up."

"It's no use," Miguel shook his head. "I already blew any shot I had with her."

"Look," said Hallie, "she probably just needs space. Maybe one day, you guys can be friends again. But for now, you can't spend all your time trying to get her back."

"Plus, you're the champ now. You can get any chick in the Valley you want," Hawk grinned, nudging Miguel on the shoulder. "You're like Drake. Enjoy it."

Hawk stood up and walked back to the table.

"I'm not sure I wanna be Drake," Miguel said sadly.

Hallie leaned her head on his shoulder. "Don't worry. You're not."

This caused Miguel to let out a small laugh, and Hallie chuckled as well.

-

"It was crazy. Mr. LaRusso took me to his old dojo, it was so cool. He said he's looking for more students, so if you wanna join..." Robby trailed off. He and Hallie were eating Panera in their car, discussing last night's events.

"I'm good at Cobra Kai," she smiled. "So, how'd you train with your arm?"

"Oh, we just cleaned the cars."

Hallie furrowed her brow. "You what?"

He laughed. "It's like a prep for training. It honestly really helps."