Relieve

I knew that our fall had to end somewhere and any seconds now and we both would end up dead. The way down was way faster than the way up. Even if I knew this, the time still seemed to have stopped from my point of view. Everything just seemed to move slowly and yet my heart was beating as if this was gonna be the end. 

No! I was certainly not let this be the end for sure. My mind was set and I knew that there was nothing that could hold me back when I set my mind once. I wanted to become a hero with my weak quirk and managed to get into UA. I wanted to hold on for all these days and months... and I did. What was stopping me now from continuing to fight?

Nothing.

My life was my own. 

In this moment, contrary to what people were saying, I was not seeing my past and was thinking about mistakes I did. In this very moment the only thing on my mind was to fight and to survive. I had it in myself and I knew it. Why shouldn't I trust myself then as well?

The mind is a powerful weapon and if I was believing in one thing then it was to actually get this fight over with and end up victorious!

YOU MOTHERFUCKING THING!

SHEEESH!

Now I am even swearing....

God...

This is really getting on my nerves!

WHY ARE YOU AFTER ME!

The moment I hit that thing, it roared up and it was also one of the keymoments that I used to give it a good kick. I didn't expected it to work but the grip around my foot loosened and when I felt that I gave it one last good whack and it indeed let go off me which made me immediately flap and start to hold myself in the air. 

Our surrounding was very dark and maybe it was my sheer luck or maybe it was because I didn't give up at all but the moment I was free, I felt soo relieved that tears started to fall down my cheek. My fight was finally over and I had to say, I was done with all my power and I was done with my energy. This small interaction had costed me all my might.

Hawks: RYUKYU!

Ryukyu: I'll get him!

I mean when I got free, and felt so relieved...I could hear the heroes calling but not only that but soon after they started screaming and their voices echoed, I could hear a thumb below me. Would people believe me if I said I could see it on the ground as it fell on the debris.... would they believe me if I said it was all over now?

My eyes were more used to the darkness then the light by now, so I could see it below me and since I managed to get free of its grip just in the right time, I was also close enough to see its body pierced through and the blood which was seeping out of it. There was no fight anymore. I didn't had to get away anywhere. I was finally free of this whole thing.

Once my mind realized that the fight for my life was over, I could feel the flapping of my wings becoming weaker and weaker. It was not only the flapping but my whole body giving in. Now I could feel the pain of my rip cage, I could feel the tiredness washing over me and there was no fighting it back now. In fact I slowly started to ascent down to th ground half conscious and half-asleep.

The last thing I really realized was Haws his feather which got me and then a pair of hands holding me.

Hawks: HOLD ON IZUKU!

Ryukyu: BOTH OF YOU HOLD TIGHT! I AM GOING UP FULLSPEED!

I knew I was saved. 

My mind relaxed more and I let myself succumb to the darkness as I could vaguely guess that Hawks was riding on Ryukyu's back as she was in her dragon form and he was holding me tight so we could get out. I couldn't wonder at this point what happened to the others, I couldn't worry about them. All I knew was that I was saved, I was relieved and I was tired. For all these years I have been on edge and fighting to survive, today was the first day I felt this relieved.

Finally....

I was now for sure getting out of here.