fifty-one

hipoy sr payruxjs dyy !!! :::)

xjeers!

ni drunkung 4 u

toooo lte

party psrty oarty !

wjere r u

flanagans bar

axross the st frim hpme

i thunk i in parade

lost nkic

oh no

call hum

no

wnna call yiu

o k

tis loud

id c

---

"Hello?" Caoimhe pressed her phone to her ear before realizing it hadn't even rung yet. Her normal alcohol tolerance was shot, and she'd gone way over her head. Her Irish ancestors were probably looking down on her and cursing her for disgracing them with her drunken stupidity.

The phone vibrated in her hand and she missed the button a few times before finally pressing it.

"My sister tried to eat a shamrock." Clay laughed like a little kid through the phone. "It was a milkshake from McDonalds. but still. Funny."

Caoimhe had been right in assuming that they were both in really loud places. Katie was standing on top of a table, singing her heart out with a bottle in hand as a microphone. Drew was holding on to one of her legs for dear life, looking like they were very close to bursting into tears.

The three of them were so lucky to just have to cross the street in order to get home. None of them could drive in this state.

"You have banjos?" She could hear some kind of music behind him. Caoimhe squinted her eyes as if that would help her hear better.

"And drums and beads and glitter."

"Sounds fun."

"It would be more fun if you were here."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Are you wearing green today?"

"Always."

"I'm wearing a green corset. Making my boobs look great." She smiled, taking another sip from whatever drink she'd ordered. She couldn't remember what it was anymore.

"You always look great. You're so beautiful, Caoimhe." Clay sounded like he would repeat it until she believed it. "So fucking beautiful."

"I think you're beautiful too, Clay." Caoimhe stumbled into a chair, slumping into it and putting her head down on the table. "You make my heart go BABUMP BABUMP BABUMP."

"Good."

"Yeah, it's good."

"I had a dream about you the other day." He blurted.

"Really?"

"I was getting out of bed and you were in my kitchen, wearing my shirt and cooking. Patches was begging for your attention. Put my arms around you. I thought it was real. Got sad when it wasn't."

"Awwww, Clayyyyyy. Hehehehe."

"Hold on, I have to puke." And puke he did. Caoimhe sat there and listened patiently. "Sorry, I got queasy on ya, Caoimhe!"

She groaned at his joke. "I hate you. That was so stupid."

"You don't hate me." He whined.

"No, I don't. I like you. A lot. So much."

"You do?"

"Immeasurably. And it's scary."

"I LIKE YOU TOO!" Clay yelled into the phone, making her flinch back. "You're my first thought every morning. I love waking up to your texts. You make me laugh!"

"You make me laugh too! I'm happier now." She slurred, suddenly getting hit with a pang of sleepiness.

"I think I might lo- NICK THAT BETTER NOT BE YOU ON THAT STREET LIGHT!"

Caoimhe laughed so hard she fell out of her chair.

But the next day, when Caoimhe woke up in a bathtub after missing all of her classes, and Clay woke up snuggling Nick, neither of them could remember that the call even took place. And isn't that a damn shame?