XXVI: Summer

growth:

"you are terrifying and strange and beautiful. something not everyone knows how to love."

_ _ _

Tayla smiled while resting her hands on her belly as the sun beamed off of her. The sound of the waves crashing behind her brought peace to her. The wind wasn't strong or cold, it was comfortable and blowing the palm trees in the right way.

Chris had a focused expression on his face. He was determined to get these pictures of his wife. The camera in hand captured her beautifully allowing him to take multiple shots.

"Aight, turn ya' head towards me."

"You such a fake photographer." Tayla laughed to herself causing Chris to suck his teeth and roll his eyes. He finger pressed the button allowing the camera to capture the shots off his wife. Taking a few more, he lowered the camera while making his way over to her, flipping through the photos.

"My little model and shit."

"You wish,"

"These turned out good. I should become a photographer in my spare time," He chuckled to himself as he took a seat behind her. Her back against his chest and he bought the camera in front of her so she could see the pictures. "I might get these printed when we move into our new house. Whenever that is,"

"We need to do something about that and fast. We don't have much time before the baby arrive."

"I know. I'm trying." He kissed her cheek and she sighed. Chris set the camera next to them and rested his hands on her stomach. Tayla's stomach was growing by the second, they was positive everyday she got bigger. This just convinced him that they was having a boy. "I got a few open houses lined up once we get back in the states and you already know you welcome to join."

"Definitely. I need to make sure everything is right and feels like home," Tayla sighed, "I'ma definitely miss that house though."

"I mean we can always move back in there and just...renovate it." He tried to be optimistic only for Tayla to scrunch her face up.

"Hell no." She answered quickly.

"Worth a try." He chuckled.

"Sorry but...no. Maybe if you didn't tell me that you fucked her in there, maybe."

"Don't remind me about that," He spoke lowly. Still regretting it. He was going to do to so for the rest of his life.

"But in the meantime, I miss my baby. We should've brought her," Tayla pouted and she could feel herself getting emotional. Chris couldn't do anything but laugh. He knew her hormones were at an all time high lately.

"You said you didn't want her to miss school. Plus she probably having the time of her life with my moms," He spoke and he could hear Tayla sniffle making him chuckle. They've been in Costa Rica for two days now and for the past two days all she's been saying was how badly she missed her child.

"I'mma call her-" Tayla started only for Chris to snatch her phone from her making her face scrunch up. "Hello?"

"Don't go bothering my child, man." He chuckled and setting her phone down aside. "She not even thinking about us so let's not bother her. We'll see her when we get back,"

"Chris-"

"Tay, on everything I love, please leave her be and just enjoy this time together because soon we not going to be able to get this time back for a minute with a newborn for a while and while juggling Ayla in between." He explained and she sighed knowing he was right. They were still going through the motions of welcoming a child and getting their marriage back on track.