Chapter one

AN: Picture of Serena on the side! Imagine her with long-ish (Not booty shorts but not Burmuda shorts either) and a plain tank top and her hair up. Yupp. That works. :)

Before I even walked through the front door I could already sense destruction and chaos happening in my home. With four siblings, three half siblings, and then throw in my brothers best friend who's living with us, chaos is the norm.

Smoke filled my lungs as I walked thru the front door. I could hear lots of yelling and I silently prayed the house wasn’t on fire.

Entering the kitchen I sighed a sigh of relief, seeing it was only a cooking malfunction.

Jason, the oldest, of my brothers was on the floor, scooping up a burnt cake that I guess had fallen on the floor back into the pan. I rolled my eyes and took in the situation.

James, my twin and favorite brother was slinging icing at Jack, the youngest brother who had just turned 14 last month. Max, the second to youngest brother was crawling through the chaos trying to reach the fire extinguisher.

I laughed at the sight, This was so normal.

The all snapped their heads up at the same time, wide eyed with open mouths. No one said anything for a minute and I was wondering why when James threw the icing on the ground, yelling profanities and going on about how I wasn’t going to be home until three and this was the ugliest cake ever.

Jason huffed, slamming the burnt cake pan on the counter, throwing his hands in the air.

“What’s…um…going on here guys?” I stifled a laugh, surveying the damage.

“It was SUPPOSED to be your birthday cake.” James mumbled.

“AWWWWWWWWWWW you remembered?!” I screeched.

He grinned, “Well, duh, Serena, I’m your twin.”

“Yeah, but you were born a day later.” I pointed out.

“I still remember my favorite sisters birthday.” He replied.

“I’m your only sister, James.” I scoffed.

“Technically, Natasha, Laina and Lily are my sisters too.”

“Half sisters.” I muttered, the mention of them ruining my mood.

After my mother died, two years ago in a car wreck, my dad goes on like nothing ever happened and marries some skinny, plastic,former model.

Sarah (the model) had four kids already but only three came to live with us. The oldest of her kids was a boy & apparently a trouble maker & apparently his dad bad legally adopted him from Sarah so in law terms, Sarah only had three kids.

I hated Sarah and I couldn't help it. For one, she wasn't mother material. I know she tried, but she just wasn't. And two, my mom had just died, and she can't take over my moms spot. She never will.

Lost in thought I'm suddenly snapped back to reality when Seth, the original Harris's kids (when I say original I mean my brothers & I. Not the stupid kids who showed up and took over the house two short years after my mom died.) best friend.

One thing you have to understand about us originals is that we're all pretty much best friends. We all have classes together, eat lunch together, hang out together, etc. It's like we're all best friends. I guessed you could say we're a clique, but it's not like that, since we're family.

But the only other friend we have is Seth Jones. He's a freshman in college, only a year and a half older then me & Jasons' age. I guess he was the only one awesome enough to get into the amazing family.