Chapter 22 : Loud and Clear

The past three days have been an absolute whirlwind. Sam and I have been inseparable, spending every waking moment together. It's like we went from zero to a hundred in no time at all. And honestly, it's necessary. I couldn't bear the thought of walking away and leaving him in such silent agony.

 The moments we've shared have been so intense that time seems to slip away. Mornings blend into afternoons, and before I know it, the day is over. I find myself constantly seeking solace in his arms, cherishing every second we have together. 

It may not always be easy, as our conversations are often filled with sadness and heartbreak, but at least we're finally able to communicate and truly understand each other.

Once, I decided to attend a few classes and during that time, met V. After completing my classes, I went to my residence to retrieve some new garments. Then came back to Sam's place.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted with an unexpected scene that didn't startle me. Sam was sitting all by himself, on the edge of his couch, arms on his knees. Shedding rivers of tears. His eyes were swollen and red, and he seemed to be struggling to catch his breath. The atmosphere was filled with an eerie silence as he remained completely mute while crying. It was evident that he was enduring immense anguish, and this was the sight that made it clear to me that Sam needed me, and I was the only person he had.

I think that was the moment his heart escaped the control imposed by his mind and cut all the strings that held him back and kept his exterior solid. I embraced him in a long hug, when I felt too much care towards him, that I never thought I would feel for someone. It felt as if my heart was the one in pain, and I couldn't stop my tears from falling.

However, today seemed different for him. He has more obligations than just following his heart and willpower. Mike offered his help, made arrangements for his tuxedo, and brought it home this morning. He even joined us for breakfast, although his demeanor didn't reflect much happiness. Whenever the topic of my staying with Sam came up, he subtly tried to discourage it, as if he believed that his presence was the only thing preventing Sam from finding solace and healing.

The funeral takes place today, and it seems that he still has no desire to socialize with others, or he's just incapable of it yet. Just yesterday, I attempted to convince him to go out and buy groceries just for a change, but he insisted on having everything delivered to his doorstep. His grief runs deep, and it's evident that he is not yet ready to embrace life and its challenges.

However, today seemed different for him. it was more of an obligation than just following his heart and his choices. Mike offered his help, made arrangements for his tuxedo, and brought it home this morning. He even joined us for breakfast, although his demeanor didn't reflect much contentment. Whenever the topic of my staying with Sam came up, he subtly tried to discourage it, as if he believed that my presence was the only thing preventing Sam from finding solace and healing, while it's totally the opposite.

"Times of loss are opportunities for self-reflection and realization." He expressed as his eyes wandered around the room, eventually landing on me, with a deep gaze, strong and filled with what appeared to be anger and a bit of disdain, I wasn't sure about the sentiments his eyes showed me, but when his jaw twitched and looked away, I was sure.

I comprehend that he harbors dislike towards me, but he lacks the complete story and therefore lacks the right to hold such intense distaste for me. However, let us face the truth, V's hatred for Sam is just as strong as Mike's hatred for me, maybe even stronger, so it's fair for both of us.

After Mike's departure, which happened in no time at all. I started to prepare myself. I needed to apply just the right amount of makeup, ensuring it didn't appear excessive. As I stood before the mirror in the shower. I heard slow steady steps coming my way, I concentrated for a second to see Sam coming in, "Hey, there" I said, when he didn't respond, I looked at him through the mirror and caught a glimpse of him standing behind me, his gaze fixed upon me with a longing I hadn't seen in quite some time. Perhaps the last time he looked at me with such intensity was on that unforgettable night.