Chapter 52

Delilah POV

Two minutes.

I clicked twice, my torch flashing, creating a pattern. A second later, the similar pattern blinked back twice from my west (Ming and KC). Then from my east (Astrid). Another on my southwest (Milan). And finally from directly in front of me (Dory).

Everyone was in position.

After spending half a day scouting the place, we figured that we didn't have enough people so we took a risk and only covered five out of eight of the exits.

"Deli, I really think we should wait for you brothers." Ming stressed, his voice travelling into my ears through the ear piece.

Ever since Maxwell texted him, saying Sol and Row were on their way as our back up, Ming became less worried and more relieved- until we told him we were going to proceed without them.

Who knows what will happen if we wait for another few hours?

"Ming, we've talked about this." I sighed.

"I know, but still-"

"Man up, dude." Milan spoke. "It's just a little killing, what could go wrong?"

"Everything." Ming scowled.

"And don't say that, Milan. Don't jinx anything." Astrid mumbled.

"Ming, your part is freaking simple." Dory sighed. "Literally go in and out, free the kids and bam, you're done."

"That's not- easier said than done!"

"Oh it's gonna be easy, Ming." I assured him. "You have KC with you."

"Yeah, bro. Don't worry, this blind dude's gonna take care of you." KC teased.

There was a beep on my stopwatch.

"Guys. It's time." Dory and I said at the same time.

"Keep everyone updated with everything." Dory said.

"And be careful." I added.

Within seconds, we stopped communicating and advanced towards the building.

There were two guards positioning by the back door I was using. I paused a distance away, deciding if I should go with my plan A or plan B.

"Both." I mumbled to myself.

I straightened up, lowering my sleeves beyond my wrist so I could hide my dagger. I came out of my hiding spot and slowly walked towards the guards, acting lost.

They spotted me when I was a few metres away.

"Excuse me, miss." The taller one spoke, his hands reaching towards the gun by his hips. "You need to leave. This is private property."

Private property my ass.

"I-I'm lost." I sniffled.

"You need to leave."

"I- Do you have a p-phone? I can't f-find home." I whimpered.

Okay. No. This is too pathetic.

The shorter man looked concerned and a little worried. "Look, kid-" he started, stepping forward, but didn't get to finish his sentence.

Time to carry out plan B.

I whipped out my dagger when he was close and whacked the hilt against the man's forehead. Before the taller man could pull out his gun, I flickered my wrist, using my momentum, throwing my dagger straight at him.

Bullseye. I hit straight on the spot between his eyes.

He's not dead yet though. Stupid man has a thick skull.