Room for Two (Azriel x Rhys' Sister, Fluff)

Vila's POV

This had to be some sort of sick joke played on Vila by the Cauldron. Some nightmare that followed her from Under the Mountain; a horror she was yet to wake up from.

'It's this,' Azriel glanced at her from beneath his brows, 'or one of us sleeps on the floor.' Azriel seemed just as uncomfortable as the cross-armed girl as she stood in front of the king-size mattress, barely enough room for a human, let alone two Illyrians and their wings.

There was no way in Pythian she could share a mattress with him. If it was Cassian, maybe. Rhys, she wouldn't have had any complaints - you'd been forced into worse situations with them both, practically sharing the same skin for all those years in the camps.

And it had helped that she hadn't had a crush on either of them for over a century now.

'Only if you're comfortable with it, of course,' Azriel rushed, shadows swarming further around him as his cheeks seemed to darken in the dim-lit room. 'I can sleep on the floor, or if it's me, then I can see if Rhys or Feyre-'

'No,' Vila cut off, perhaps a little too sharply. She quickly tried to regain the neutrality of her features. 'Thank you, Az,' she smiled gently, daring to rest a hand on his forearm, 'but I'm sure we'll make it work.' He managed a small smile in return, and Vila's heart loosened a little at the sight. 'The other's wings would be too close to mine anyway, at least yours are slightly larger and can-.'

The illyrian froze when she realised what she had insinuated in all her babbling.

The fleeing of Azriel's gaze from her own, accompanied by the small choking noise he covered with a cough told her he had caught the double meaning as well.

'I didn't- I just meant-' it was his turn to reassure the girl now, and the soft chuckle he let out when their eyes met had her heart squeezing all over again.

'It's true,' the amusement in his eyes was bounding freely now, and his wings flared slightly. 'I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable.'

Vila swore her heart was going to burst at the softening of his gaze as he spoke.

She swore that her heart had exploded right then when he gently lifted the bag from her shoulder, placing it next to his own and he began helping the girl unpack the few clothes she had wanted to carry with them.

'You can bathe first, if you like,' Azriel prompted, handing the girl her favourite set of soft pink pyjamas - which she decided to boil down to coincidence. 'I have to finish up some papers, and Rhys wanted a word before dinner, so I won't be back for a while.'

Those hopefully doe eyes were going to be the death of Vila if he didn't stop that right now.

She wanted to squeeze that sweet smile right of his face, pinch those cute little cheeks and ruffle his fluffy little hair and-

'I won't be too long,' she promised, taking the pyjamas from his grip and ignoring the spark that shot through her pinky at the brief contact.

She near ran to the adjoining room to bathe, closing the door calmly before flailing her limbs around in frustration like she were mad.

Perhaps she was mad.

The room Cassian and Nesta had leant her at the House - the general adamant that the other hundred or so rooms were 'being fitted for the nursery' and were 'out of bounds' for the week - but not out of bounds for him and his mate, unfortunately for her - was large enough for both the illyrian and her belongings, but small enough that she could hear the male's soft breathing even from the bathing chamber.