Part One

Alan had spent so many Christmases in Gotham City that he forgot what it was like to spend them aboard his mother's TARDIS

Alan had spent so many Christmases in Gotham City that he forgot what it was like to spend them aboard his mother's TARDIS. The day he decided to be on his own was the best and most terrifying day of his young life. He made the choice, after so many events transpired that led to his decision; chief among them being that he witnessed his mother's first regeneration – changing from a tall, white blonde in her fifties to a short Asian woman in her forties. It was something that he had great difficulty adjusting with at first, but with a bit of intervention from his grandfather (who himself was a Time Lord), he learned to accept it.

Of course, as he admitted to his mother, her change wasn't why he decided to start a life of his own outside the TARDIS – away from the hustle and bustle of the Infinite DC. During their first time in Gotham, he fell in love with a young detective named Erica Harvey, who eventually found out about the Infinite DC, his mother, and how he was from another dimension. He could imagine that was how Erica grew to love him back and not because of his charming looks. Their relationship blossomed into marriage and a child – a healthy, normal boy who they named "Alan Junior" ("A.J." for short).

            The Harris family would spend their holidays at Wayne Manor, a favor from Bruce Wayne for keeping his identity as "Batman" a secret, as well as for Erica assisting him on Gotham's crime-ridden streets

The Harris family would spend their holidays at Wayne Manor, a favor from Bruce Wayne for keeping his identity as "Batman" a secret, as well as for Erica assisting him on Gotham's crime-ridden streets. They both worked on patrol on the night of Christmas Eve, while Alan and Wayne's butler, Alfred Pennyworth, kept A.J. entertained as he wrote his letter to Santa in the study room.

"You are going to be home before eleven, right?" Alan asked Erica, over the phone. "Wayne and Gordon can't keep you out there all night."

"This is my job, babe," Erica told him. "I have to keep these streets clean, so that others can go home to their families." He admired her dedication, much as it sometimes got in the way of her personal life. "But I promise that I'll be back in time to tuck in A.J. and take a bite out of that cookie he's leavin' for Santa."

Alan chuckled. "Alright, babe. You be careful out there."

"Dude, I'm workin' with the Batman," Erica said. "My ass is more than safe."