Noah

We're in the car now. My car. I only had 7 glasses and I'm already tipsy, pathetic. I notice I'm in the passenger seat, and Lily is driving. "I can drive," I tell her, my words tumbling out of my mouth.

"Why did you have to drink more?" she asks. "I turned around for one second to pay the bill and you had 3 more glasses." She shakes her head disapprovingly.

"Sorry," I say feeling bad, but then my mouth opens unintentionally, "beautiful." I turn to her just in time to see her lips lift into a smile before she turns away from me.

**********

She throws open my front door and lets me lean against her for support while walking. "Jesus Christ, you're heavy," she says. I struggle to get off my shoes and she leads me to my bed and lets me lie down as she walks to my closet. She comes back with two shirts and two pairs of pj bottoms- shorts and full-length pants. "Go get changed," she sighs, handing me a shirt and full-length pants. I stumble to the bathroom and obey her instructions, I even brush my teeth. I step out of the bathroom and see Lily standing in the middle of my room. Her hands fidget with the strings of the shorts while trying to tie them. I look up, only to see that she doesn't have a shirt on. I quickly look away and my face gets warm. She slides my huge shirt over her neck and sticks her hands through the holes. The shirt droops down to her knees. A small laugh escapes my mouth, and she turns to the door, finally seeing me.

"How long have you been standing there?" she asks probably regretting not closing the door before changing.

"Not long," I respond, smiling at her. I walk into my room and fall onto my bed. She looks at me with a scoff, which I'm pretty sure translates to I'm the one that's dragging you around this entire night, what're you tired of? "What're you scoffing for?" I say. Now. I grab her hand and she opens her mouth to protest, but I yank on her arm, pulling her into the bed with me. She falls over, landing with her hands and head on my chest and her legs are draped over mine. We both burst into laughter and I feel her body ease up as she stops laughing. She starts to get up, supporting her weight on her arms, and I feel her hands pressing against my chest. "Wait," I say, "stay here, for a while, with me," I say it more like a question than a sentence. She looks at me with a confused expression at first, but then the corners of her mouth lift into a small smile like it always does, making my heart flutter. She lays back down and our breaths sync together. In and out, in and out, in and out.